Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Hood ornaments of decades past.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Graham M, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Graham M

Graham M
    from Calgary AB

2. fleetside66

fleetside66
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'd like to see some different angles of that last one...I'm not sure what the "pinned lady" is holding. What an era! Thanks for posting.

3. r8odecay

r8odecay

Was searching for some interesting ones a while back, I seem to have gotten a lot more hits by searching for "Mascots"...

I think the winged lady is holding a chrome reversie with wide white maybe?? :)

4. I know collectors of hood ornaments and one guy came over to my house from Chicago and bought my whole collection of exotic Hood ornaments... including all my "Petty"ornaments!

He said my "Petty" collection of winged women was second to none!

I miss them but I needed parts for the Roadster build!

5. r8odecay

r8odecay

Some of those (you's) guys are pretty serious, eh? I just window shopped some, and saw some go by that could have financed a motor build!

Neat stuff, for sure... but I collect Harleys, Cadillacs, and early Omega watches. No need for another collection, can't keep up already!

6. Graham M

Graham M
    from Calgary AB

Please let me know if you come across any others that you're open to selling. I'd give my left nut for some of those. The 20's and 30's had some masterpieces sold with each car. :eek: