Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Hood install help. 1952 210

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by RocktimusPryme, Apr 18, 2020.

1. RocktimusPryme

RocktimusPryme

This is one of those cases where I feel like I’m missing a piece. Need to install my hood, so I can see what I have to do to make it close (BBC install necessitated moving the radiator way forward.

I found the hinges in the trunk. But I can’t see how they are supposed to attack. The hinges have like 7/16th holes and the hood has little baby holes. Save for where some yokel has welded a bolt in. The other side doesn’t have the welded bolt.

What am I missing here? I have some spare parts in the trunk but I don’t know what I’m looking for.

Attached Files:

2. henry29

henry29

3. RocktimusPryme

RocktimusPryme

Okay I found a couple of those. What thread pitch are they? They don’t see 5/16 fine.

4. henry29

henry29

I'm not sure what threads they are. You should have 4 total, 2 on each side. They go through the hinge and thread into the small holes in the hood.

5. RocktimusPryme

RocktimusPryme

Unfortunately the side with the bolt welded on has no good holes. The other side does. I was thinking I might buy a fiberglass hood anyway. This might speed up that decision. I think I can get it mounted enough to fiddle with the radiator anyway.

6. RocktimusPryme

RocktimusPryme

Just to update. I was actually wrong, there was a good hole on the bad side. Unfortunately after I got the hood on and springs in. I lowered the hood a little to get all the paint stick pieces out of the hood spring.......hood bent and split it half at the hinge mount on the bad side.

a lotta work for naught. Gotta love rusty old cars. I didn’t realize it was THAT bad. I would have tried to strengthen it.