Register now to get rid of these ads!

Honest people on the HAMB

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tony Martino, Sep 8, 2011.

1. PRIMERDAVE

PRIMERDAVE

I've done that before....and it's cause I like to sleep well at night....Hmmm come to think about it it was a set of reverse chrome wheels that I bought here on the HAMB......

2. I have bought and sold here on the HAMB and all have been great transactions. I often overpack the items I sell and sometimes cost a little more to ship but the movie "Ace Ventura, Pet Detective" always comes to mind thinking of Jim Carrey as a motive to pack well! :D

3. I bought an engine off of a guy here, and paid top dollar by what he was told was a good engine by the guy he put the engine for sale for(he worked for the guy, who had an engine shop). Well to make a long story short, I bought an engine after seeing and hearing it run, with no oil pickup. After finding this when I got home, I checked everything and it's ok, but you know what they say about karma. Nice dreams asshole.

4. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

A big thumbs up to both of you!!
    Great people you are....and a great example of HAMB's finest!
    Cheers

5. edweird

edweird

damn right !!!

6. Phil Stevens

Phil Stevens

yep I've had good deals from guys on here, had magazines sent to me here and another guy, from Indiana I bought a '36 spare wheel cover from, he cut it in half and packed it specially for me, absolutely the best, thanks KNUCK.
    remember it's a long way to me down under
    Cheers, Phil

7. johnybsic

johnybsic
    from las vegas

HAHAHA!:p

8. rustydeuce

rustydeuce

Some of my best suppliers (and friends) came from The Hamb.

9. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

EVERY part I've bought through the HAMB has been OUTSTANDING. Thanks Brandon, Glenn, 296V8, Sgtlethargic and the others I've bought from. Theres more I'm sure!

10. oldschoolrodr39

oldschoolrodr39
    from marion,il

i traded vehicles on here with fellow hamber "musicknerd" had a great deal done,had an issue with his state leaving a number off title,which i didnt catch(neither did the state trooper who pulled me over on way home!! ) i called him after we noticed error, he got his dmv to straighten the mess out and sent me all paperwork i need to fix problem. NOT many people who would do that.

11. onekoolkat1950

onekoolkat1950

12. crashfarmer

crashfarmer
    from Iowa

Lost in the mail for a year! And the postal service came through in the end. :)
    My brother had to haul a dead person that got lost in the mail. He had to witness them loading it and sign for it. Usually the trailer is loaded and you never see inside it. I felt sorry for the family, talk about being late for your own funeral.

I sold some parts to a guy up in Oregon once and the shipping charges came out to be more than I expected and I was surprised to get a check in the mail for the difference. I totally didn't expect it. :D

13. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

had good experiences here as well--bought things form various guys and all was as described or better. I have sold stuff to folks and talked with them over the phone--sounded like good guys so I sent the part and they said they would send a check-I know it's risky and some were orig rochester FI parts wihich are quite expensive but never have had anyone not pay as promised.

14. jipp

jipp

i have had zero issues :) rock on hambers.. hope he could still use the axle.. if not, that sucker would be going on the wall :D
    chris.

15. rlsteel

rlsteel

I work for the postal service why would you think someone there would steel it.Sound like someone there found it traced down its owner and sent it on the way WTF. RLS

16. Cool story. Glad it worked out for everyone... even though it took a while.

17. alfin32

alfin32
    Member Emeritus
    from Essex, Ma.

Larry,
    You are one fucking hysterical bastard, I'll save my 'hug' for when we ever meet.
    a

18. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

"yes sir folks - the pitcher has a no-hitter going....."

19. Raven53

Raven53
    from Irwin Pa

Thats why I love this place and the ford barn, you just seem to always meet someone who gets it. The type of guys on these sites speak volumes on whats right in the world vs what most of us face or meet in our everyday lives.

20. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

That`s even funnier because the guy that ripped me off is registered on the Ford Barn also. FML

21. rlsteel,
    Sorry buddy you are right, the PO did come through in the end!
    Ive shipped tons of stuff through the PO and thid is the proof that they really do try pretty hard.
    I'm gonna stop at my PO tomorrow and tell them that their guys came through!

22. Been burned twice by Hambers, both times I was sending free parts just wanted shipping. Both these guys were regulars at the time and were searching for some minor parts, I had both lying around collecting dust. Offered them up for cost of shipping and got stiffed by both.

The flip side is that I've been on the receiving end of many good deals and gifts. I've often added things when shipping overseas (new zealand for example) sort of goodies any car guy would appreciate figuring the shipping cost is ugly anyway and have often received similar things back.

overall its been great dealing with Hambers..............

i

23. billsill45

billsill45
    from SoCal

To some people, "do the right thing" is hardwired into their brain and character ... not just an empty slogan.

24. unkamort

unkamort

Kudos to 'cruiserjohn76' ... didn't really mean for it to happen that way, but he fronted me parts that I needed. I paid promptly, and am still grateful.

25. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

They say one good turn deserves another; Karma, what goes around, comes around. Encouraging to hear that. Sounds like axle was sent via AUSTPOST