Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods homeyers steel willys race car

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by madwagon56, Jan 16, 2009.

1. madwagon56

madwagon56

a buddy of mine bought the homeyers willys race car from chip star shortly after i bought russ meeks sectioned nomad from chip. he is in the process of restoring it. car was really rough and robbie has already done some major repairs. car needed floors, fire wall, door bottoms ect. he put car back together and put in the portland roadster show, that is most of the orginal paint on car. but car is all down now and he is getting the car ready to shoot down the track again. he has since became buddies with irwin who owned it and raced it. irwin let robbie use the trophies for the roadster show that he had won at some of the tracks and boy there is a ton of them. this car had the motor out of the bings speed shop willys in it, it was a 286 inch flat head. car ran 12's with it in there back in the day. robbie since has found the motor but its in irwins anglia and the guy who owns the car doesnt want to part with it. i posted some pictures of some old shirts irwin gave him that were new never worn and i thought maybe some of you might like to see them. he also found some old camara reels that contained footage of the car running and it had early shots of don garlits, coonrod and harry, stones wood and cook, the south wind dragster and bill ireland. he just got it converted to disc, boy its so cool to watch. i also posted a picture of his steel willys collection.

Attached Files:

2. pan-dragger

pan-dragger

quite the lineup.

3. Von Hartmann

Von Hartmann

so that's where all the willys are...:D

4. ShakeyPuddin55

ShakeyPuddin55

Wow, nice collection.

5. madwagon56

madwagon56

6. jangleguy

jangleguy

Somehow, I missed that you got Meeks' Nomad from Chip Starr. Please tell Chip, Chipper and Chippee HI from me. They helped me a lot with parts on my Anglia project.
    The Homeyers Cleaners car looks killer!!! I remember that cartoon woman on the quarter, from my childhood.
    And thanks for posting these pix. Great shirts (I'd LOVE to have one!) and man, what a line-up of Willys'!!! This is a real treat!
    Keep up the good work on the Nomad and don't take any crap off of Russ...
    Scotty Gosson

7. madwagon56

madwagon56

just talked to chip jr and senior they are some great people. glad to say i know them!!!!! me and junior got to become friends over the nomad then i turned robbie onto the willys. hell weve bought and traded more things. chip jr end up with my old vega funny car that jack built when he built the revolution car. thats what started the whole nomad deal rolling.

8. madwagon56

madwagon56

one more shirt i forgot the old woodburn race track one. and here is some pictures of the funny car i sold chip and the anglia i bought from him

Attached Files:

9. Damn whata collection,must be nice deciding what to play whit,but if its gotta straight axle KOOL in my book right ?? Again Rod tell him Thank you Very much for what he's doing............later

10. jangleguy

jangleguy

Yikes! Is that the "White Lightnin" Anglia they used to run? We used to run against them...Oosp - that was an Austin - never mind.
    Sounds like you guys are having all the fun up there! No fair...

Last edited: Jan 16, 2009
  11. 60srailjob

60srailjob
    from nowhere

wow I'm very impressed what a collection...........

12. lstwsh

lstwsh
    from Dayton,Oh

That highwheel mower is my pic of his cars.Reminds me of spring and not this 6 deg weather.I love looking at the old race cars.Makes me sad i sold my old D/G austin back in the eighties though.He has a great collection.

13. madwagon56

madwagon56

thats how my buddies wife sent me that picture. my mower blew up and she sent me e-mail saying they had a mower for sale. ha-ha

14. thats funny.when I moved from Milwaukie,Oregon to Tucson I left my purple metalflake craftsman mower in the middle of the yard of the house I sold since we don't do lawns in the middle of the nice warm,dry desert :rolleyes:

15. madwagon56

madwagon56

here is another couple pictures from the portland roadster show and a nice little cookie cutter burn out in the blown 392 hemi willys:cool:

Attached Files:

16. KreaturesCCaustin

KreaturesCCaustin
    from Austin, TX

Ok....I'm officially jealous as all hell. That guy has a really nice lawn mower. Mine is a piece of crap. :D

17. alleyoop

alleyoop

Its all nice glad its in the N,W,

18. thats not fair :eek:[​IMG]

19. flatheadgary

flatheadgary
    from boron,ca

i am not hijacking this thread, but if you want to see or buy a Willy's, Austin, Anglia, Henry J, Fiat or parts to any of these, you need to contact Don Waldon at Rods-West in Ridgecrest ca. 760-375-4573
    he must have 12 Henry J's and about 30 Willy's of every kind. he has Austin pickups and 2 door and 4 door sedans.
    i hate to go over there. he is a great guy to deal with though
    if you are into Gasser's, you got to stop by his place when your in the vicinity.

20. Lucky! I don't even own a lawnmower...

21. Weasel

Weasel

Don Waldron sold most of his Willys a couple of years ago. They are now in Rancho Dominguez, near Long Beach CA.

22. flatheadgary

flatheadgary
    from boron,ca

weasel, i don't know how long it's been since you have been to Rods-West, but i was just there about 4-6 months ago and traded some parts with him. if he has sold a lot of his cars, you'd never know it.
    i live about 45 minutes from him and i have been there several times in the last 5 years and he always seems to have a lot of cars and still getting more. he did tell me, back in the summer, that he was looking to sell all but his personal cars and retire in a few years. he may have got more since he sold the ones you know about. i will have to go up and see him and find out.

23. couverkid

couverkid

I bought my 36 ford 3 window coupe from chip also. What great people. My dad remembers the blue willys and they also had a red one that used to race at woodburn.

24. 55xgasr

55xgasr

Looked at the car in 2004 for a buddy....nice to see it restored.

Attached Files:

25. deadgearhead

deadgearhead
    from Washington

Is Chip Stark or Robbie on the HAMB?

26. bubba67

bubba67
    from NJ

What a cool car, and even cooler Willys collection !

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

27. couverkid

couverkid

Robbie bought it from chip star not chip stark.

28. Jay Tyrrell

Jay Tyrrell

That is quiet a lawnmower too ;)
    J

29. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

Damn, even the lawnmower has Big & Littles!