Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Homemade carb stand.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Don's Hot Rods, Aug 15, 2015.

1. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Tonight we were freshening up a couple of Edelbrock 4 barrel carbs, and I wanted a way to hold them while we worked on them. I know the carb stands you can buy from people like Summit aren't very expensive, but I needed one tonight, so I made my own. Thought this might help someone else out who wants one too.

I simply took an old aluminum carb spacer and ran four 5/16 bolts up through it, put 4 nuts on each one to keep them in place, and then I put 4 more nylocks at the top so the carb base can rest on them. Took me all of 15 minutes to make, and it works pretty well. Edelbrock and Holley square bores have arms that sit lower than the base, so they never sit level on a work bench. These carb stands get the carb up high enough so you can work on them without them sliding all over the place.

Not high tech, but functional.

Don
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is the type you can buy from places like Summit:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 15, 2015
    ehdave likes this.
  2. ehdave

ehdave

never even seen one, but it will definitely help my build. Thanks for the tech

3. henryj1951

henryj1951
    from USA

i have just run long bolts into the carb base and dbl nutted them...
    no need for the plate...
    i also have the moroso ones ... :cool:

4. Proof positive that necessity is the mother of invention,,simple and it works. HRP

5. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Yep, certainly not an earth shattering little project, but it got us by. I guess you could also take a piece of plywood, trace a carb gasket shape onto it, drill 4 holes, and end up with the same thing. I just happened to have a couple of old spacers laying in my junk bin.

That is also a good idea about putting 4 bolts in the carb base with two nuts on each one, that is even more simple than my setup.

Don

6. Cool, thanks for sharing.