Register now to get rid of these ads!

Homebuilt Model A

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by custom300, Jan 28, 2010.

1. custom300

custom300

This is my Model A that my brother and I built. The body is made up of 28-29 Cowl section, 30 windshield, 31 doors, 28 rear window section upside down for the back of the body, custom built sun visor and upper roof section. The interior has welded in seat backs, 2" paded seat bottoms, 36 Ford dashboard and homemade steering column. The rearend is covered by a vintage luggage trunk which also houses the gas tank. The chassis is constructed from an original 30 model a frame from the firewall out and 2 x 4 box tubing for the rest. The drive train is a 225ci slant six and 3pd automatic transmission linked to a GM 12 bolt rear with 4:10 gears. I put 3000 fun miles on this car before trading it on a Harley in November 09.

Kevin

http://s957.photobucket.com/albums/ae59/custom300-photos/Model A/

2. Looks good to me. I would have kept it. Todd

3. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

It's funny, I found the "for sale" ad for that car in a search yesterday when I was searching around for Slant Six powered hot rods.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

bummer..i woulda kept it..
    but i wish i could find a trade like this for my Ural with side car

5. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

damn if that slant 6 powered car isnt shweeeeet

6. custom300

custom300

Thanks for the compliments but I am hoping to trade the Harley on a 61 Falcon convertable for my wife. Once I get done repainting it an changing a few things to help with the looks of the bike. Or else try and start getting the stuff for a model a pick up.

Kevin

7. Ravenwood

Ravenwood
    from Texas

... start getting the stuff for a model a pick up.

Here's the plan: Trade the bike back for the homebuilt. Add a pickup box. :D

8. custom300

custom300

Ravenwood,

I have a tailgate already and looked into building a bed for it. But the rear wheels would not have been centered in the bed box. Plus I realized it was not a good long distance car when I drove it from Cincy to the Pile-Up in Ill. That is a must for me plus I could not hall both kids in it.