Register now to get rid of these ads!

Home made coupe bodies

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Wildbill29tudor, Jul 9, 2013.

1. Mindover

Mindover
    from England

Smitty, I have a Pullmax now (actually I have two) but when I did the 33 I did it all with just a wheeling machine and a hand cranked swager (bead roller) ... and if course hand tools.

David

2. jazz1

jazz1

Why would you want something as common as a model a? There's more of them on the road than Henry ever built. Set your sites on something unique, possibly a not so common coupe where parts and body panels are not available,,where you have to repair or fab your own panels.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2013
  3. Wildbill29tudor

Wildbill29tudor

Because everyone likes what they like, and I like model a coupes. For many reasons, I don't like the flat roof on a t coupe, I some what like a 32 5-window only thing there is I like windshield visors, which they didn't have and I'm not big on 3 windows, so that pretty much leaves me in the model a world

4. I worked three jobs in the summer of '68 to get enough money to put myself through college for another two semesters and buy my first car, a '29 Model A coupe, so I know the burning desire for that specific vehicle. It was the cheapest I could find at the time, and they didn't seem to be any more common than they are today. This community of hotrodders is dead-on correct: Keep looking and getting the word out to anyone you come across that you are in the market for an A coupe. Pretty soon, one will find you. And then just get it on the road - safely, of course -while you build up experience, tools and friends. Believe me, friends are the most important because they will sustain you, encourage you and help you through more than just this car build.

5. Wildbill29tudor

Wildbill29tudor

I have more tools than a little bit, a nice shop to work in pretty much everythin I need, I actually had a 29 coupe find now I'm just trying to get the money together so if any one is looking for 63 wildcat or 64 riviera parts or a 63 wildcat 401 445 complete from air cleaner to oil pan with tram pleas lmk

6. spiderdeville

spiderdeville
    from BOGOTA,NJ

7. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Save the Nailhead for your Model A build!!!

All right, what are you doing with your weekends and nights? You're 24. What are your obligations family wise during non work hours? Instead of moonlighting for minimum wage flipping burgers, etc, why don't you moonlight for yourself??

You're a mechanic with a good shop and tools. Do some brake jobs, tune-ups, etc. nights and weekends.

Being a mechanic, you could also buy non or poorly running cars, do the mechanical work and flip them.
    Bet the shop you work in sees vehicles come in with blown head gaskets, tranny's, etc. and the owner decides it's not a feasable fix and junks the car. Make them a deal; buy the car for $500-$1000, swap the motor out , etc. on a weekend, then unload it for a profit. Or trade it to the guy with a Model A body...

8. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

He ruined the build with radials. Would be perfect with whitewall bias ply's!

I would dress up like a total gold chainer (gold chains, cigar, unbuttoned shirt, Elvis shades, etc.) and completely straight faced drive that up to the LA Roadster show pearly gates with the full expectation of being asked to park "inside" with the rest of the top drawer Roadsters!
    Would be a great 'punk' on the LA Roadster elite.

9. pitman

pitman

Spider, she needs a set of louvers!
    It's quite a leap, to go from Mindover, to er, this one!

Last edited: Jul 15, 2013
  10. spiderdeville

spiderdeville
    from BOGOTA,NJ

that car causes trouble ...nice guy ....he treats it as a rolling goof

11. Wildbill29tudor

Wildbill29tudor

Actually gonna run sbc because I plan on driving it everyday when I get it done believe it or not

12. spiderdeville

spiderdeville
    from BOGOTA,NJ

13. Wildbill29tudor

Wildbill29tudor

I just wan to have the comfort of knowing if I break down I can swing by advance and spend very little money and be back on the road, with that nailhead if I broke down, I would never find parts, plus to adapt a gm trans to it to get rid of the glide it would cost close to 1,000 bucks, ouch...

14. gtolarry

gtolarry
    from Texas

I'm in on this one. Can't wait to see more things I can't do