Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Holy moly, an art contest????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dickster27, Aug 28, 2009.

1. KCsledz

KCsledz

I agree with Dickster. His prize was not cheep compensation that he offered. I feel it is quite different than a t-shirt contest because it has a smaller scale application. Logo on a hot rod and maybe used somewhere else. Small run of t's no big deal. This contest or art request just did not rub me as being a give me free art like most of them do. I like that it gave me a timeline to get off my butt and crank out some car related designs.

Maybe I will use the illustrations and re-work them a bit maybe I will just hang on to then and keep working on more carbs and intakes to make a cool series to turn into linoleum cut posters and stuff for the new year. When it comes down to it I guess I just liked having a deadline to get something new done and this contest was right on target with what I needed to become motivated again.

2. Every artist has to decide what is best for them. I thought it would be a fun thing to do so I did it. i could have spent a lot more time on mine but I was happy with what I had and I knew I didn't have a great shot at winning so I didn't spend any more time on it. Dick didn't force anyone to enter and he did offer up a pretty great prize.

I got enough out of the experience to make it worth while. Thanks Dick!

3. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

Dick is truly a standup guy and gives back more than most know.We've never met, yet he went out of his way to give me a foot up.

4. X426X

X426X
    from OhiO

The best design did win, congrats meteor! Nothing wrong with what Dick did here with this contest. It is what it is, thank you Dick for your time and trouble. It was fun!

So a few psuedo-intellectual "artist's" feelings might have been hurt because Dick didn't cash 'em up???? Bullshit!! The crybabies should go back to gov't grant mooching...
    :cool:

5. Django

Django
    from Chicago

It was a cool contest, and Dick is a friend, so no worries from me. So a different animal than the HUB, IMO.

6. Diamond49

Diamond49

Great Art work. I could see why it would be so hard to narrow it down to just one design.