Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Holy moly, an art contest????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dickster27, Aug 28, 2009.

1. MikeRose

MikeRose
    from Yuma, AZ

Not that I stand a chance anymore, but here's another.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  2. MIGHTY

MIGHTY

Yep that ones pretty good! Nice job KCsledz I throw in the towel!

3. Gigantor

Gigantor

I like KCSledz submission too much to even try at this point. Unless I get some crazy inspiration in the next few hours, I doff my hat to you sir, and gladly.

4. dickster27

dickster27
    from Texas

Awe come on now...."No pain, no gain".

5. meteor

meteor

Well, I just found this thread late last night, hence the late hour submission. There are some really great designs here.

I tried to work with the color description of the truck, colors can be altered to match and ideally the style of flames would match those on the front of the truck. Also worked up a couple of other versions based on the website colors and a one-color print for a black tshirt.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. KCsledz

KCsledz

one more for me I guess.
    [​IMG]

7. MIGHTY

MIGHTY

Wow! This really got good. Meteor and of course KCsledz.....sheesh. Kocked it out of the park!
    Django
    Katatonic Mike
    sinister
    Nate
    Chaddilac
    Jaransont13

Even Doc
    really great stuff!

8. dickster27

dickster27
    from Texas

I have to also say you guys have NOT disappointed me. I have said I a bunch...this site has the most incredible talent gathered in a central area.

9. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

Which ever you pick will look good on the Hoodlum:) Nice art guys.:cool:

10. Old61

Old61
    from PA

Attached Files:

11. chaddilac

chaddilac

Another Color option...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. One more from me that I have been working on. Thought I had until midnight, but ran home at lunch from my real job to finish this up before the deadline....

[​IMG]

of course the colors can be tweaked to suite.

13. ELD

ELD

All great stuff.....Dick has a tough job ahead of him.

14. dickster27

dickster27
    from Texas

Ok folks, just a few hours left, so snipe your designs.

15. dickster27

dickster27
    from Texas

Ok allyall, this contest is officially closed. I will now, with my panel of experts, choose the defining design for the panels on the Dick's Hot Rod Place shop truck. I want to take this opportunity to personally thank every person that has taken of their time to participate in this. It means a lot to me and you have my gratitude for doing it. I wish I could tell allyall that you are the winner but unfortunately there can be only one. So, without further ado, I will announce my decision Friday Morning.***GOOD LUCK TO ALL

16. dickster27

dickster27
    from Texas

Ok, I want to express my heartfelt thanks and appreciation to all the folks that took their time to create a logo I might want to use. Unfortunetly, after hours of debating among myself, my wife, me son (the professional) and countless others, who's opinion I sought, I have made a decision and sadly can't pick them all but won't soon forget the effort involved in creating these logos. I must also say in my eyes there are NO losers here as the talent is nothing short of "kool beans". With all that being said, my choice for the logo I will proudly display of my sedan delivery shop truck is the effort of .......
    Meteor. He has depicked exactly what I am about and what I want my truck to portray. Again, my thanks to all that entered.

17. Gigantor

Gigantor

Congratulations Meteor! Between you and KCSledz I felt like just snapping my pencils and walking away like a little baby.

18. KCsledz

KCsledz

congrats meteor!

19. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Congrats Meteor. That is pretty bad ass.

20. VinnieCap

VinnieCap

He did more than one... post the one you are going to use.

All of them look great by the way.

21. dickster27

dickster27
    from Texas

You might want to go back a re check his entry as he did only one.

22. ELD

ELD

Congrat's Meteor.

23. well deserved, I don't envy dick for having to make that decision!

24. Congrats Meteor! Great job. Same goes for the rest of my competitors....

25. chaddilac

chaddilac

Sweet! don't forget the apostrophe!!! :D

26. meteor

meteor

WOW! very cool, thanks everyone for the kudos and of course thank you Dick - it must have been a very difficult decision, a bunch of really great logo designs. My hat's off to all who participated, Dick is 100% right that this place is loaded with talent.

Matt

27. meteor

meteor

I noticed Dick didn't use the apostrophe in the main header of his website so I left it out - up to him if he wants it in there, I think it probably should be.

28. Here's a discussion that went on at the Motorburg after several guys there (including me) entered stuff for a T-shirt contest of Hub Garage... Y'all might find this interesting reading... several HAMB'ers showing up there... http://www.motorburg.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1046

29. KCsledz

KCsledz

Ya, I have been on the spec work side and typically don't do the "contest/spec work" stuff but this had a seriously cool prize worthy of a few hours of work put into each design. Now it just means that I can take the designs I did and turn them into some sweet Defiace Speed Shop letterpress posters or t-shirts to sell.

30. dickster27

dickster27
    from Texas

First off my friend, I am not a big conglomerate that is sucking a "free" design from anybody. I'm just a little guy trying to have some fun in my retirement and do something for others to enjoy. I think with what I offered as a prize was well worth someone's time to create what I wanted. So, with that said, i didn't see any design from you so I can't see the issue here. Also, Cody said that he is going to use the design he created for me, and to that I say, I would be proud to know someone liked my "stuff" enough to put it out for the world to see. And you know what Buckaroo, to show my appreciation to the artists involved that submitted entries, will each receive a nice consolation prize.