Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Holy Cow!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kripfink, Feb 16, 2010.

1. ELDANGEROSO

ELDANGEROSO

This is one of those comments that catches you completely off guard , I damn near blew coke out my nose and all over my computer laughing.

2. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I still want to see what it was built from?

3. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

Sorry folks,but blame Doc,he asked. According to the UK Kustoms forum someone checked the registration and it is registered as a 1990 Citreon BX 16 which is what one of these is. Don't shoot the messenger!
    Paul

Last edited: Feb 17, 2010
  4. SuperFleye

SuperFleye
    Alliance Vendor

Haha, its tasteless but still cool in its own wicked way...

5. UK RUSS 1960 OLDS

UK RUSS 1960 OLDS

Hi All,

You may find this link will answer a few more questions, and it is hoped the builder is going to post on Rods n Sods shortly.

Not built from glass or steel but hand crafted aluminium according to the thread.

http://www.rodsnsods.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=10718

Cheers.

Russ.

6. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

This is a custom in every way, by an artist who wants to be different, with just a nod to past. Every panel is custom built or altered almost beyond recognition into something new.

For some, custom cars must be exactly what they always were. For others, customs must be art: original, different, and willing to challenge the sensibilities of the the viewer.

As an example, see Winfield's Reactor. Custom built body, Corvair engine, and based on.... a Citroen hydropneumatic chassis!

Attached Files:

7. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

un real..from that..to that?

8. Brightenin' up my day. Imagine seeing this coming 'round the corner. Imagine what the kids think (!!). I really like it.

And Citroens rock, 'specially filthy Parisian CX25's. Kripfink, that's a sexy parking lot.
    Vive le France!

p.s. HELL MAN WINFIELD'S REACTOR RRRRROOCCCKKKKSSSS....

9. There's no denying the fact the guy is very talented, but I personally still don't like it. I don't have to.
    Of course that's MY opinion which doesn't matter.:)

10. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Hand crafted alu sounds insane! A thing i like about the UK is the
    open minded approach about make model and year.
    So, a few more pics have popped up, now we only need to see
    the build diary, oh and btw, ive read on the UK forum that it was built
    in its front yard! Which i bet is this one in the piccies!:eek::eek::eek:

Attached Files:

11. I kind of like it it in weird kind of way.

12. rustyhood

rustyhood

After reading every post from page 1 , I am kinda confused on why some guys are even on hamb? If I am wrong I will delete my ass off this sight! Its funny to poke a little fun at guy's, But to downright disrespect another builder is BULLSHIT! Get off your ass and build something from your idea and get hammered. That shit dont fly with this guy! I see this guy did alot of hard work in fabrication to turn this into MAKING IT HIS OWN IDEA!!!

13. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

^^^ Amen, brotha^^^^^

14. tomslik

tomslik

fuck you guys, i like it.

i guess it ain't "ratrod" enough for some of you posers...

15. Good on him for doing it especially in his front yard, i keep putting one of my projects off because i don't have shed space. I'd drive it, the red necks and nerds round here would go nuts! lol

16. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

OK, now I know what its built from the respect meter just pegged!
    I was expecting something with some shape and curve to it, not that box on wheels!!
    OK, so I still find it powerfull UGLY but pounding it out of aluminium in the driveway? Incredible!
    Thanks for showing us what it was Paul, I wish I had a tenth of his talent......

Doc.

17. tdoty

tdoty

Looks kinda like a '59 Impala rearended a 49 Studebaker and pushed it into a '57 Lincoln. The results were awesome!

I'm not a huge fan of the Simpson's Smile and the A-pillar windshield area could use some cleaning up, but DAMN that's wild!

I agree that it has a late-50s/early-60s over the top, wild show car vibe....with a little bit of mid-50s concept car thrown in. All that based on a French shitbox?

I wonder, though, about all the excitment over building the body from aluminum. Ally is MUCH easier to shape than steel, welding is the only real issue (and even that isn't a HUGE issue).

Did I mention that I like it?

Tim D.

18. I know that one well Rik, "Indecision" it was called...Used to be in a sales showroom not far from my Mums house

19. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Thanx for posting more pix. I like it even more. Even the "toofs" are growing on me. Like a smiling cartoon shark. Gary

20. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

That is badass! I would like to see it with a cool kustom paint job.
    Why did he build from a Citroen??? That is what he had. Kinda like the guys in the 50's that everyone seems to want to copy. Maybe he should have made it into a 32 ford , period correct build that looks like most other 32 ford traditional builds, would that make you A Holes happy? Get over yourselves......What you got to put up against it?

21. holeshot

holeshot
    BANNED
    from Waxahachie

HEY...I love the brit's, but just because you have 1 nut over there, that takes 1 ugly ass car, and make's it even ugly'er. and then has the nerve to call it a custom. it doesn't mean crap how many hours he worked on it. look how many hours were spent on michels nose, and doe's he look like george cloony?...POP.

22. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

You can look at ANY kustom and say there are things you would have done differently, , ,that's one of the reasons my car isn't finished yet, , , ,it keeps evolving and changing because i find ways to improve it, , ,you can never please everyone, but the most important thing is to please yourself, , ,although i won't lie, it definitely feels good when other people like what you are doing...i suspect many of the folks that are critical of the car couldn't even begin to dream up some of the unique ideas, let alone build it, , ,the guy has great vision and the skills to pull his ideas off,,kustoms are very much an expression of individuality, , ,isn't the reason we build them after all? to be DIFFERENT?...it's easy to build a "safe" kustom, but not everyone has the balls to push the envelope, to think outside the box, and based on that alone, i give the guy major props....

23. 51 BIRD

51 BIRD

That is sooo perverted...I love it!
    Why do I get the feeling that the length of that car was determined by his driveway??

24. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

Hey,my response to you was entirely humorous,not an attack on you or your opinion
    Maybe you should drive that Mustang down to anger management where they can teach you some people skills. As has been said before we don't exactly have 49 Mercs and Chevys littering the streets here. If it really pisses you off that much, report it to Ryan and get the thread closed.
    If not, lay off the guy's vision or better still, come up with something to top it.
    With the greatest of respect.
    Paul

25. full house Mouse

full house Mouse

Man I luv it a nice change !

26. Someone must know who built it Paul

27. full house Mouse

full house Mouse

Like a bird on a wire a drunk in a midnight choir I tried in my way to be free ! Now doesn't that say it all.

28. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

29. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

Enquiries are being made since Toots posted it first on Ukkustoms then Rods'n'Sods.
    So far we have the name Paul in Leicester. . . . .
    Paul

30. DirtyWoody28

DirtyWoody28

ahhhh!!!!!......shark!!!!!!!