Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Holy Cow!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kripfink, Feb 16, 2010.

1. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

Tough crowd. I'd absolutely roll in this thing. I love it. I'd make a few changes on the front end like losing the bottom lights, changing the grill, and maybe hide the little bit of front wheel still showing and then I'd roll up on unsuspecting people and drink their blood like cherry koolaid. If you are a pimp AND a vampire, this ride is a must have. I think it's cool.

2. kenny g

kenny g

Why does Doc Watson have a picture of michael jackson ,for his avatar?

3. Belchfire8

Belchfire8

I like it; I'd really like to see it painted too. I know one thing, I couldn't build it, at least not from an '89 Citrowhatever. Just think how that would look cruising in the U.S. then look at the cars in the pics and imagine what it must do over there!!!! Very cool ride.

4. metalshapes

metalshapes

I bet it is.

On those, the front sheetmetal is as long as it is because the engine hangs in front of the front axle line.

The nose of that Custom is the same way.
    ( the front wheels are pretty far back, with a lot of sheetmetal in front of them )

But that is pretty much a completely scratchbuilt body..

And that is fucking impressive, wheither you like the accual bodyshape or not.

I'd love to see some build pics off it...

5. mrbthebarber

mrbthebarber

My God, car snobbery is alive & well in the U.S!! GIVE the guy a break!! WHAT a thought process to turn the piece of shit Citroen into this wild & imaginitive creation!! Yeah I'd make some small changes also but it's still cool as hell & if someone had said he'd made it from a Lincoln Capri or 59 Chevy, a lot of you would have said "coooool" I'm sure! I for one think the guy is undoubtedly supremely talented & wildly creative & good on him.

6. metalshapes

metalshapes

I agree...

Everything about an '80s Citroen is Off Topic, but I think for this one, we should make an exeption.

7. mac762

mac762

I didn't read too many of the repies, but I like how it looks. Hopefully it's got a V-8 somehow......

8. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

I love it.Its weird and unique.I'd totally make that my daily driver
    MAD friggen skills to get A to B. I totally dig pullin up next to someone with a batman mask or some other crap and embarrsass my daughter. "Hey honey, lemme drive you to school."," Just got your licence, Take the custom, Homework you say?" hahahahaha

9. holeshot

holeshot
    BANNED
    from Waxahachie

KRIPFINK...GOOD GREFF! that's an insult to all custom's in the history world wide. get me his address, because brother i'am going to NUKE those SON'S-A-BITCHES...POP.

10. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

Last edited: Feb 16, 2010
  11. seems most hate it, but i love ugly shit. lets face it, weather you like it or not it is fugly, but kinda cool too. guess you gotter work with what you have, and some countries dont have a ready supply of cool american tin.
    that said, ive always hated chit tins. they are an abomination on the auto world.

12. Just remember that you once served me warm beer Paul, but that may have had something to do with the fridge in the Hayride cabin...
    Warm beer aside, thats a pretty wild car, personally it doesn't do me any favours but just look at it!

13. wvenfield

wvenfield

I only read the first page so I have no idea what all the replies have been.

I'm not overjoyed by the grill but I kind of like it from the rear/side shot. Something more along the lines of a Packard Hawk grill, front end and IMO that would be pretty cool.

14. I take it in gloss black.

15. CheapSheep

CheapSheep

Damn, thats a lot of work done well, but the shapes, nah, not too good work ;) But what the heck, i'd drive the shit outta it!

16. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

17. kirby1374

kirby1374

well I think he worked hard on it and is cool in it's own way. lighten up, it's just a car :)

18. :p- I was there ONCE for a two week tour with the brass band I played with in PA/NJ... and I can't remember the name of the pub anyway!

19. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

Looks like someone has spend a lot of time to converse Citroen to something like that.
    But why waste time in Citroen?
    I dont want to offend any french guys in here,but i think that french cars suck,IMO

20. 31fordV860

31fordV860

Make room for it at ToonTown at Disneyland....

21. CJ Steak

CJ Steak
    from Texas

Agreed 100%. Would you rather look at a bone stock Citroen, or that creation? Really?

I'd rather look at the abomination if I were stuck in traffic. :D

Lighten up and look in your own garage if you want to judge something...

-Chris

22. DEROSAGIRL

DEROSAGIRL

I'd drive it like I stole it and to hell with all ya'll and the negative :) He's rollin something and not just talking. It's his version of "art" there isn't a right or wrong way with art especially rolling art.

23. Couldn't say it any better if someone like Starbird had built it and Winfield or Watson had painted it would be a cover car on several stateside mags.

Not my cup of tea, but it is classic case of make a silk purse out of a sows ear.

24. I want to see that thing do a sharp u turn!

25. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Let's see. Over in Europe (my understanding) is that it's hard to get ANY American iron, much less something disireable. The guy or guys had very few options going into this project. They worked with what they had and made the best of it. They no doubt did some planning and what looks like a crap load of hard work. Well, except for the lack of tin, it sounds like the same thing guys over here try to do and sometimes fail at. I give 'em a thumbs up for the effort. It's not my style, but it shows what can be done when options are few. Bashing these guys is both foolish and ignorant.

26. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

NOTE: Apparently the following terribly selfish and uncaring post has upset someone.
    Read at your own risk if you dare.

Sadly, the flat glass windshield screws it up for me. I'd use something like a 52 Kaiser windshield with narrow A pillars and maybe lose the wipers or at least park them better.

Other than that...awesome "off the wall" build and all the details look well finished too.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2010
  27. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

I like it too.
    Somebody needs to make a retro movie of the future and that thing would be the hero's ride.

28. jmh

jmh

That is way freekin :eek:cool!! John:rolleyes:

29. neonloverrob

neonloverrob
    from newton, ks

Damn, I think it's cool. I'd change a few things up front, but then again, I'd never have dreamed up the car to begin with! Would look real cool with a 70's flake,paneled and laced paint job.

30. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

^^^ This.