Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Holy Cow!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kripfink, Feb 16, 2010.

1. NoSurf

NoSurf

I bet that's the supervillian's car that these two are after!!!

[​IMG]

2. 4ever18

4ever18

My taste in cars normally runs toward 60's era drag cars. The custom car thing normally doesn't do a thing for me, but I like this thing. I'd probably lose the lower headlights, though. Yeah, it needs gold metalflake paint and white interior - or everything all black or dark green. I'm reminded of the '59 Chevy customs shown in the movie CARS by this creation. I like it.

3. HellRaiser

HellRaiser
    from Podunk, NE

Hmmmm.....Don't let any dogs around those wheels, to give their opinion.

But, as far as skills go to build it..the man did good.

HellRaiser

4. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

or a Goth kid.

5. the-rodster

the-rodster

exhibit A: the long term effects of drinking warm beer

Rich

6. Nodody in the UK does drink, or has ever drunk warm beer.;)

Last edited: Feb 16, 2010
  7. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

That thing is wild. At least it looks better than a stock citroen. BIZZARE!

8. Just 'cause you can..........

9. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Well call me nuts, but I kinda dig it. Yes it's over the top, but I would love to cruise it around town for an afternoon. Work appears to be well done.

10. When did Ian Roussell move to ol' blighty?

11. Tri-Power

Tri-Power
    from Memphis

I freakin love it. looks like a Frank DeRosa custom to me. i'd drive the wheels off of it.

12. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

Unless you're a fifteen year old hooligan drinking cheap shit lager from the supermarket in the park on a sunny day.But I imagine that probably happens in the US too.
    Paul.

13. Dragginwaggin

Dragginwaggin
    from Canada

I like it a lot. Build pictures would sure be interesting. That's a lot of challenging fabrication no matter how you feel about the finished product.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

14. roddinron

roddinron

It's not my style, never been into the "bat mobile" look, but what I can't get over is the comments about it. Crush it? Are you serious? Would you crush the Grecian?
    Love it or hate it, this guy is more of a custom builder than most of the people here, and I'd dare say all the ones with negative comments about it. How many of you are capable of that amount of work? Considering what he supposedly started with, I'd say he's a genius, even if it's not your style, how can you hate it, he didn't ruin anything to build it. I like this guy, and I don't even know him.:D

15. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

The funny thing with beer that has an actual good flavor, doesn't have to be ice cold.

16. Yup.
    And an ice cold beer isn´t always what you want when it´s minus three degrees and pissing with rain outside! (like usual):D

17. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Well as said b4 giant pedal car is the closest but the guy sure got a lot of inspiration from the DeRosa Shark cad.

Edit: Oh and what Roddinron said also!....this thread is gettin BIG!

Attached Files:

18. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

I kinda like it ,I wouldn't mind owning it .Has that batman vibe ,I like it even more than the original ,Looks older,

19. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

Ah, a connoisseur ;);)
    Paul

20. I've heard the brits drink beer at ROOM TEMP. That means cold beer, right?

21. While I do prefer beer cold (I prefer ketchup cold too, go figure), the best beer I have had was a "room temp" porter in from a pub in Iron Gate.

22. Not really for me, but the amount of work in it is nothing short of amazing. The person was definately talented. I could look better, but it is a little too cartoonish.

23. It seems as though this thread could be titled 'beauty is in the eye of the beer holder'. He definitely has some skill and some mad ideas. Must be drinking too much beer, and why not after all? We do produce some of the best beer in the world.

24. JimSwann

JimSwann

I dig it, but I don't know why.

25. RichG

RichG

Oddly enough, he was the first person I thought of when I saw this car... I personally dig it, it says to me, "Screw you, I'm living life to its fullest, come with me or not, I really don't care". It's not so much a custom as it's a unique look into the builders psyche...and dude is rippin' mad crazy, in a good way:D

I'd give anything to roll that beast through the desert at a 100mph, passing all those gray drones in their wagons and vans and '32 roadsters...come to think of it, it's a T.S. Eliot line in steel: "I will show you fear in a handful of dust".

26. This is bat country!

27. RichG

RichG

no, THIS is bat country...:cool:

[​IMG]

(...with much respect and recognition for Mr. Steadman)

28. nutajunka

nutajunka

I didn't read the whole thread, but with those skills he could have built any body style he wanted. Makes you wonder, don't it?

29. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

I mostly like it, but mostly just the profile. LOVE the forward cabin, long tail. Not sure about the butt end as I can't see much of it. Not a big fan of the XL front "toofs" or wind screeen. Might it look better in a lighter shade of actual paint? Gary

30. We're going to have to change you name to "Mac the name dropper".