Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Holy Cow!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kripfink, Feb 16, 2010.

1. NoSurf

NoSurf

I think it's pretty damn bitchin'.

I'd drive the shit out of it.

He needs to ship it over here for the KKOA show!!!

2. Mr. Mac

Mr. Mac

Uh,Darryl Starbird would like it.:):)

3. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

I think it is cool as hell!

4. 73super

73super

I agree... that thing would be a blast. I LOVE it! I'd have a lot of fun with all the looks you'd get. I understand those that don't care for it, but for me it looks like a Super Hero cartoon car.... Up, up and away.... ar, ar....

Yes, tons of work... ! Cool Noodles!

5. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

Other than the front end treatment, I like it! Change the grille & headlights and it would be a unique cruiser.

6. halfcockedcustoms

halfcockedcustoms

We've all seen alot worse,,,I like it

7. it's tinky winky's new ride! so thats what he got after he traded in his YUGO!

8. Destralo Roach

Destralo Roach

Kinda looka like a 57 Capri that was customized.

And I've seen Barris do WAY worse.....Roach.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2010
  9. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

As an artist all I can say is there will always be critics. I give it up to this person because they obviously had a vision and then they had enough balls to create it. So that in itself is a tremendous leap forward. Although many of us here on the HAMB rather it be an original car from that era there are many others out there who just do not have the funds or resources to acquire the specific vehicles needed to do so. When I see this I think of things like the grille opening and the roof line but all in all the craftsmanship as far as body work looks to be pretty impressive. It kind of reminds me of an over grown pedal car .

10. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

Over the top, but still a lot of good work , at least from the pics!!! I wouldn't do it, but i give him props for doing it ....... Not just talking about it doing it!!

11. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

That thing can leak oil on my driveway anytime. I think it'd be cool to roll to work in that. Slow cruise thru the U of A campus..... hell yeah!

12. rsluggoboy

rsluggoboy
    from SALINAS CA

Lot of work in that unit !

13. SaltCityCustoms

SaltCityCustoms

Still a lot cooler than an 89 Citroen.

14. Toner283

Toner283

You guys that are bagging on it for it being an 89 citroen...... would any of you honestly have know what it was if you were not told??? What if the guy had started with a 59 chev? (which is what first came to my mind). would you all still be crying to crush it?

Not all customs are pretty to all people. Two that come immediately to mind are the Grecian & the Golden Sahara. IMO, both ugly as sin but there are a lot of people that like them a lot. I recall a thread on the Grecian that was split about 50/50 between those that hated it & those that loved it. Gotta remember, customs are & always will be subjective - different to each viewer.

I like it, all I would do would be add chrome bumpers at each end to balance it out & add a winfeild style fade paint job.

15. SHRUM

SHRUM

The more I look at it the more I love it. A Nice shiney paint job would top it off. It reminds me of a futuristic concept car of the 50's. Of course I have been feeling the wild kustoms more lately than ever before.

16. Edsel_Presley

Edsel_Presley

Reminds me of a quote from Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

17. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

Toner283,I too would like to take another look at it with chrome & paint.I think it would make a helluva difference
    Paul

18. PhilOO

PhilOO

I think we should dub the Kustom the "Holy Cow" until the owner comes forward.
    And when he does I want some of what he was taking.
    That one is going into my screen saver hall of fame.

Regarding the 89 Citroen, at least it is factory dumped. And I know it's not ol'skool but put on some stone wash jeans a sport jacket with excessively large shoulder pads and you could look right at home in it. As the French say "viva la difference"

19. Well.....It looks better than the stock Citroen....

Be interesting to see it finished with paint...

My 1st thought was Andy Saunders....

20. whoa............that is one crazy ass car. a bit much, but you'd never see another one!!!!!!!!!!!!!

21. Racrdad

Racrdad

The side / rear view its looks like its going about 300 mph ! I like that about it.

22. I'd roll it, too..............................off a cliff! :eek:

23. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

I'd like to paint it metalflake green and take it to our St. Patricks day parade and car show!! :D:cool:

24. 49coupe

49coupe

I didn't think George Barris was doing much design work anymore....wow

25. vertible59

vertible59

Agreed...and watch the crowd gather!!!

26. Is that Marilyn Manson's car? Is it mandatory to wear a black cape when driving it?
    I own a '59, and the trunk is huge as it is. I can only imagine what this one would be like if it's operable. You can fit the entire Munster family in the trunk.

I dig it and appreciate the work. However, I'd lose the connie kit. Having that connie kit makes it look like it's begging for flamethrowers and a poodle skirt.....from Hot Topic. It's soooo emo.

27. lowburban

lowburban

It looks a s*#t ton better than most of the shoebox's I see after the terrible chops people are doing to them .

28. 66Coronet440

66Coronet440

I don't like the platform much, but there's a lot of hard work involved there. You build what you have and work with what you've got. And an '89 Citroen is probably a lot more common in the UK than a '50 Merc.

29. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Well said dude! X2
    As for the pedal car comment i was thinkin it reminded me of something
    but couldnt figure it out.....that was it! A giant kustom pedal car!:D