Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures Hollywood Hot Rods biography by Piero

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Jul 8, 2021.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber submitted a new blog post:

Hollywood Hot Rods biography by Piero

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. wheeltramp brian

wheeltramp brian

Nice video that team of guys has some skills for sure

65pacecar, cretin and Stogy like this.
  3. SAVAGE

SAVAGE
    Alliance Vendor

I remember meeting Troy many years ago with his blown 34 Chevy in Vegas and thought how cool it was running a blown car like that on the street
    Especially from LA to Vegas
    Great talent and neat Video

4. AHotRod

AHotRod

Great video, Troy's team has passion and talent.

5. People talk about custom cars dying, the future and maybe current popularity for them is on youtube, facebook & instagram. Not discounting HAMB because the detailed information will always be better collected and found here I think.
    Social media includes making money selling t'shirts etc to keep funding the cars and better tools. A local custom fab shop here even sells rulers with hotrods on them, with his shirts and stickers.
    Look at the big names like Barris, Watson etc - the big photo archives, big frontage shops and trendy locations and customers, they would have killed social media! Who started custom T-shirts anyway?!
    Traditional customs dont need traditional media. Look at what TV did for choppers with the biker build offs then American Chopper. Or you could say look what those shows did for the Discovery channel.
    Customs are so visual (obviously) they are inspiring younger generations to get their hands dirty and build stuff, whether its hot rods and customs or off topic but steel bumper cars.
    These videos are fantastic, and there are plenty out there with the actual history of LA hotrodders and no doubt other parts of the world too.

cretin, Brand Apart and Stogy like this.
  6. stuart in mn

stuart in mn

Thanks for posting. I've never met the man but everything I've seen about him in print or video indicates he's a good guy, and he obviously has a passion for what he does.

cretin and Stogy like this.
  7. cretin

cretin

Good video, but it was pretty light on one particularly charming, and handsome individual. ;)

I'm about as bias as you can possibly get, but I never get tired of seeing that Packard in motion.

65pacecar, The37Kid, rod1 and 4 others like this.
  8. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You and the Team are an influential bunch...and your Team Lead is an awesome Boss...BIG bonus.

I was wondering if you were in that video...I see they didn't spotlight the crew so much but they were certainly included as it's only fitting...funny I was poking some surprise at leaving the old battle worn front www's on Isky's Roadster in a trending Thread and noted the big chunk of paint on the trunk missing and the seat spilling its inards on that Capsule Coupe...It has got to be a tough choice how far to take a restoration as the soul is always on the line...

I consider myself pretty fortunate to hang out and witness the Greatness you craft in that hub of creativity fit and ready for whatever the Hotrod/Custom world demands...high fives @cretin and Team...;)

Thanks for sharing a little of Hollywood @Jive-Bomber...

Last edited: Jul 11, 2021
    brady1929 and cretin like this.
  9. Excellent vid! I called Piero out on it a while back but I wish he (and others) would frequent and post here more often.

cretin, Jimmy B and Stogy like this.
  10. cretin

cretin

Thank you.
    Yea, it can certainly be a tough choice on what to do with a car like that. Troy was content with leaving it just how it is, except for making it roadworthy. As you noticed though, the paint is starting to flake off in pretty big chunks, which is making that decision difficult. There is currently a driveline issue in that car, but Troy is currently wrapped up in a different personal project, so since it's sitting the paint should be relatively safe. I'm trying to get him to fix it so we can take our cars out together, so we have spoken about the paint on numerous occasions, but the plan of action is still yet to be determined.

65pacecar and Stogy like this.
  11. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Thanks Jay for the great words man and for sharing this video. I’ve been working with Baileigh Industrial creating these short spotlight films and when they said let’s do Troy I was stoked.. Not only cause his shop is close and he was one of my old club (THEM!) brothers that it was going to be fun to do.. Since it’s a subject of metal shaping I figured the Packard was one of the cars he built that was mostly metal shaping.. I also figured that I never seen it driving so shooting that was going to be kick ass.. Anyways just wanted to say thanks for sharing and for you guys watching .. PS He did make it a point to mention his employees and not make it so much about him.

65pacecar, Tman, cretin and 1 other person like this.
  12. The37Kid

The37Kid

Great video! I had no idea what the new shop looked like, so glad to see it has the same "soul" as the old one plus an upstairs. I plan to stop in next month and buy enough T shirts to cover a quick walk through. The back yard looks a lot like the old one, just more razor wire.:cool:

Bob

Last edited: Jul 19, 2021
    rod1 likes this.
  13. Great vid, it's funny to think about us being the old guard now and the HAMB being for "old" people (as other platforms take over). I remember thinking I was alone in '93-'94, then I heard of the Choppers and other clubs (I was slow and isolated back then).

Last edited: Jul 19, 2021
    The37Kid likes this.
  14. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

Great video. I’ve always wanted to visit that shop when in LA. Great talent and vision.