Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Hollywood accessories tag light

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 19Eddy30, Jan 5, 2015.

1. 19Eddy30

19Eddy30
    from VA

Does any one make a Good Quality ArtDeco tag light like the Vintage Hollywood Accessories tag light?

2. 117harv

117harv

There are over 200 threads here with the words Hollywood light in the title. There are some that are similar to the Hollywood sold at auto part stores, as well as Drakes. Some vintage trailer parts retailers sell a light that looks the part also. I would look on Ebay, lots of odd misc. tag lights from early car manufactures and aftermarket.

3. 19Eddy30

19Eddy30
    from VA

Thanks ,
    The other day on eBay ! I only see two & they where in bad shape , & allso looked for Vintage trailer light. Most where interior light .

4. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

5. Canuck

Canuck

Lucas, still readilly available from English parts houses as a unit and parts and Cobra replica companies. Used throughout the 50s by many English manufacturers.
    [​IMG]
    Canuck

6. alchemy

alchemy

I bought a light at NAPA about ten years ago that was called a "trailer light" meant for camper trailers. It had a very similar shape to a Hollywood, but the chrome on it was poor quality. It also didn't have the thick rubber mount that a Hollywood has. But, it was the closest thing at the time.

Nowadays I think the Drake light is the closest I've seen to a Hollywood.

15 years ago I came across a guy selling NOS Hollywood lights at a swap meet. I only bought one, but should have bought the whole case.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  7. Speedway offers this one. I've used it on some of my cars. About mid range quality.
    http://www.speedwaymotors.com/EMPI-9457-Chrome-License-Plate-Light-w-Bracket-Assembly,82851.html
    The Lobeck one is small, half the size of a regular Hollywood light. SoCal use to sell them, I have one of those too.
    The one on my Roadster came from SoCal as well, not sure if they still sell them.
    [​IMG]
    Here's the Lucas one. They're pretty nice.
    http://www.minimania.com/part/56790/License-Number-Plate-Light-Lamp-Original-Type

Last edited: Jan 6, 2015