Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Holley transfer tube o-rings

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dan, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Dan

Dan

2. Well you can buy them at the auto parts but you want the Viton ones. ;)

3. Dan

Dan

viton is ethanol proof, correct?
    used to be able to walk in to the parts house and get the holley branded ones, now its open the box with all the sizes in it and match 'em up...

4. Yep Viton is ethanol resistant.

The O'Reilly's and The Zone still handles Holley parts around here. But Summit is cheaper and the Holley size is not exact to what you normally find in the assortment. the ones in the assortment will work though. ;)

5. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

The new kits that I have bought lately have a rubber boot not the o rings.

6. oj

oj

I've recently switched back to the original material as opposed to viton, the viton is harder and less conforming than the original material. I've never had a leak with either but the viton is harder to work with and I have less confidence in it. I used them on the idle adjuster screw seals too, I'd get packs of a hundred from McMaster Carr but have now gone back to the standard O ring material., idle screw being #006; transfer tube #010.

camer2 likes this.
  7. Larry T

Larry T

Lots of places that sell Holley gaskets/O-rings/etc. in bulk on the internet, but I usually end up buying Holley 37-485 Trick Kits and inventorying the parts I don't use for later use. Parts are a lot cheaper than when you buy them individually.

I do have a couple of bags of generic Viton o-rings that I use for transfer tube and needle and seat o-rings.