Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Holley Performance has acquired Halibrand

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by OneRustedDodge, Apr 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Waiting patiently for the OP to return and explain some things. It's been 24 hours now. AArZ6ns.jpg

i.rant, Deuces, nochop and 7 others like this.
  2. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Halibrands at Walmart:eek:

Deuces, lothiandon1940 and Blue One like this.
  3. CNC-Dude

CNC-Dude

I remember as a teenager in the mid-70's going to Honest Charley's here in Chattanooga. Honest was started here in my hometown originally in 1948. But I always remember saving my measly paychecks to save up and buy the top brand parts for my hot rod. I was never tempted to buy cheaper quality brands, and neither were most other hot rodders of that time period, even though those parts did exist. I have always been a loyal supporter of "Made In America" products, especially for hot rods, and always felt a sense of pride doing so. It's just sad to see that over the years, so many no longer are!

Last edited: Apr 29, 2020
  4. 1934coupe

1934coupe

Sad but true, also at Harbor Freight in the wheel dept.

Pat

Deuces and Blue One like this.
  5. mickeyc

mickeyc

Are not most such Chinese made inferior products
    intended for the high performance/ hot rod or replacement market made under contract for am
    American company? If an American contractor demanded a high quality product the Chinese would
    probably be able to produce it. Of course it would
    cost more. That would reduce the contractors profit,
    which is the only reason to deal with a country such as
    China. I am just an old retired Iron Worker not an
    economist by any means. Just seems like profit driven
    greed by all parties involved except the end user, who
    really wants quality? I detest the chinese government
    and their total lack of regard for the masses. I have
    nothing against the common Chinese citizen.

6. As long as China doesn’t own the scrap
    yards near me my parts sources are safe.

7. 2OLD2FAST

2OLD2FAST
    from illinois

Of course the end user wants top quality , he just doesn't want to pay a lot for it !!
    Remember when scrap prices were so high a few years ago , that was caused by Chinese demand .....lotta good parts went to China then , at the prices they paid , they may as well have owned the scrap yards

8. Yep.
    We want the best at Harbor Freight prices.
    The sad part is US manufacturing as a whole is gone with most of the stuff we use.
    From bolts to brake/suspension parts to metal.
    It’s mostly politics that caused it along with our apathy and desire for the cheapest whatever we can.
    But this isn’t a politics place. Sorry.
    But this is one of those discussions that can not fully take place without bringing pollyticks into it.

9. 1934coupe

1934coupe

Anthony not all are "we" I strive for the best and pay the price. I have made a point to buy north american and european first and only when my back is to the wall will I go with what is available. Sometimes there is no choice and I hate that fact.

Pat

Deuces, Hombre and 427 sleeper like this.
  10. In case anyone is interested here is the lawsuit filed against the OP. Looks like Halibrand let their trademark expire and the OP swooped in and registered it so they sued him.

Attached Files:

11. I wanna see the T shirt in question..

12. Yep.
    I tried on the last build.
    Companies like Moog have changed.
    Rockauto US old supplies are running out.
    Buy a set of gaskets. It has more flags on the box then the UN building.
    We can wish, hope and dream all we want. This ain’t the post WW2 manufacturing world of the 50s.
    Still some good US pieces out there, not like it used to be.
    I do look for the country of origin for parts before looking at price.
    I will pay more for US, Canadian, European, and even South Korea and Japan. We have a Japanese owned suspension plant in our county.
    I was showing students how not just the US but cities and towns used to cast their name in products with pride.
    From auto parts, farm and manufacturing equipment to construction equipment. Even bricks.
    Imagine looking for parts and buying from the city of choice., not just country.

13. This is an excellent article and worth reading ( 10 minutes??) confirmed what I'd been picking up on for some time, huge investors with rookie mba's buying up the old "classic" car parts company's.

14. saltracer219

saltracer219

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that Holley recently bought Hilborn Fuel Injection. If this is true Holley is going to have their work cut out for them maintaining Hilborn's dedication to customer service!

Deuces, 19Eddy30 and 427 sleeper like this.
  15. CNC-Dude

CNC-Dude

Just because a company lets a trademark registration lapse doesn't mean its free game. Especially since they have held the trademark consistently since 1948, and were currently still doing business as such. He should have consulted with a trademark attorney before hand.
    If McDonald's for instance, let their trademark of the golden arch's lapse and someone swoops in and registers it. It doesn't take much thought to know what will happen....
    It's good he was kinda' being an entrepreneur, but should've thought about the consequences and repercussions a little more seriously....

Deuces, bchctybob, rdscotty and 2 others like this.
  16. Capture.PNG
    PM for price :) (temporarily out of stock)

17. CNC-Dude

CNC-Dude

Does it come in blue? LOL

Deuces and 427 sleeper like this.
  18. If Walmart sells it we can get it.
    We also sell “Often-Houser” briefs for that special occasion.

19. I would wear that with pride.

20. 2OLD2FAST

2OLD2FAST
    from illinois

Good for you that you're able to be discerning , few of us can afford that luxury !

21. 2OLD2FAST

2OLD2FAST
    from illinois

Itll last until the bean counters retire/delete/force out the old staff , then it'll be just like all the other help lines , absolutely useless ! In a world where it takes 3 phone calls , multiple times being put on hold , coming narrowly close to being called a liar & not knowing how to measure , by one of the larger parts houses , trying to convince them that the wrong parts were in the right box , I have little faith in getting " help" from customer service ..

Deuces, 427 sleeper and Desoto291Hemi like this.
  22. tractorguy

tractorguy

Very......very well said.

Deuces, OLSKOOL57 and 427 sleeper like this.
  23. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

I was aware of some of the transactions involving Joe, but after reading the story, it appears that he was chasing the almighty dollar just as fast as the MBA’s and the companies they represented.

Deuces likes this.
  24. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Remember the Yugo???

Deuces likes this.
  25. F-ONE

F-ONE
    from Alabama

This stuff coming from China is like a disease.

26. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

:rolleyes:o_O

F-ONE likes this.
  27. DA0AF070-A6F5-4C98-AF90-AAEF19C96276.jpeg
    View attachment 4665099 View attachment 4665099 View attachment 4665099

Just Gary, Deuces, bchctybob and 2 others like this.
  28. pwmcx95

pwmcx95
    from East TN

that's a fact

Deuces, hotrodharry2 and CNC-Dude like this.
  29. And some wonder why people leave the HAMB, don't care what the post is really about, just want to challenge the op statements to prove something to themselves......sad

Deuces likes this.
  30. What's the post "really about"? The OP could have easily provided the information without bringing up any of the trademark infringement part. As soon as he did he opened himself up to questioning about the matter. When you state you have the rights to the trademark for a LONG established company people will want to know what the story is and when people bring that kind of stuff up more often than not they are looking for validation to their feeling of being wronged. You don't want it questioned don't mention it pretty simple.

Deuces, bchctybob, Saxman and 9 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.