Register now to get rid of these ads!

holley carb help needed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by vicksrods, Apr 27, 2013.

1. vicksrods

vicksrods

Anybody having issues with the new style holley four barrel carbs. Ive got one that the secondary bowl float keeps sticking on,actually this is the second one in 8 months that has had the same issues.Im running it on my small block(283) in my 53. Im using a stock style fuel pump (Orielly part store replacement pump.) I was wondering if maybe I need a regulator, the problem always seems to happen after Ive driven it a little hard. Ive adjusted the float level up and down. Im out of ideas any help appreciated.

2. mustang6147

mustang6147
    from Kent, Ohio

I would adjust it a little low as apposed to high...

3. models916

models916

Off road or spring loaded needle and seat assembly should help.

4. Mike VV

Mike VV
    from SoCal

Just to make sure the needle and seat are in properly good condition, I'd replace the needle and seat.

I had to do this years ago..new carburetor, primary float kept sticking. Inspected, cleaned, kept getting phone calls (my Moms car). I finally put a new needle and seat in..problem went away.

Mike

5. I feel I should jump in like what happens every time someone posts and Edelbrock carb problem - Get rid of the Holley!

Just chain yanking - I would carefully look at the float mechanism and see what it hanging it up and deal with it accordingly.

6. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

When you say "sticking on" do you mean it doesnt close the needle valve? How much debris are you finding in the bowl? How about a better fuel filter??