Register now to get rid of these ads!

Holley 94 problem

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gemcityrenegade, Apr 16, 2009.

1. gemcityrenegade

gemcityrenegade

I've got a '40 Ford flathead with an EAB Holley 94 carb. After purchasing, I had the carb rebuilt by a local flathead man. Last summer I wired everything up on the stand and ran it with the rebuilt carb for about a half hour. The carb leaked kinda bad. Tonight I went to get the motor started again and the jets aren't shooting fuel into the carb. It's still leaking.

Why isn't it getting fuel? I've let all my hot rods sit over winter and they usually start right up.

2. gemcityrenegade

gemcityrenegade

I'm using the regulator that came with the running engine. It's a dial type. I start on the 1 setting the worked my way up. No fuel squirting.

3. It sounds like you got taken. It also sounds like the guy who rebuilt your carb did not know what he was doing. I don't know the man who rebuilt it, but sometimes those who tell you they know what they are doing don't. Where was your carb leaking from? Holley 94's (EAB, Model 59, 2100, EBU, etc.) and the Stromberg 97's have a problem with the air horn warping. I don't know what yours looked like, but I have a few cores that have the same issue. Also, the carb rebuild kits they have out there are good and very bad. More so bad than good. A good kit has a thicker gasket that will help overcome slight warpage in the air horn. I don't know how he cleaned your carb, but alot of people I know don't clean them as well as they should. Just dipping the carb in Barrimans won't knock the grunge out of the venturis or the rest of the fuel bowl. Your jets might be clogged. Basically, you need a second rebuild.