Register now to get rid of these ads!

Holley 94 power valves for 3 deuces

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TBonez, May 27, 2012.

1. TBonez

TBonez

I have a 327 that Im putting into my 29 and right now in the process of re-building 3 Holley 94's model 91-99. The power valves that came with the kit I got from Sac Vintage are to large and wont seal off due to a smaller gasket opening. My friend is helping me with the re-build says I should get different power valves to fit the carb. I went on Holley's web sit and there a quite a few to pick from. Any suggestions? Im running a progressive linkage set up with the center carb as the main one. The suggestion was also made to use 4.5 power valves on the outside and a 3.5 for the main. Dealing with 3 deuces is new to me so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited: May 27, 2012
  2. carbking

carbking

If you are using progressive linkage, remove and plug the power valves on the end carbs; then increase the main metering jet diameter in the end carbs accordingly.

Jon.

3. TBonez

TBonez

vtwhead 'n carbking thanx for the help. Greatly appreciated.

4. daddio211

daddio211

Holley's power valves run on vacuum and there is no way to adjust them. When ya stab the go pedal vacuum drops and ALL THREE carbs dump fuel. Thats a lot of fuel, WAY too rich. Strombergs are adjustable.

I'm no expert, but Jere Jobe spent a lot of time explaining this to me just last week. I wanted to run Holley 94's (never been a fan if Stromberg's) and Jere convinced me why that's a bad idea.