Register now to get rid of these ads!

Holley 1904 help...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CGkidd, Jun 13, 2010.

1. CGkidd

CGkidd

Well I got the exhaust done on the 59 ford on Saturday. I was able to actually able to hear the engine. After working out some begs on the 223 resetting the valves and such. I have a Offy dual carb intake and I found that the rear carb was flooding. I thought maybe the needle and or seat were bad so I rebuilt it today. Same problem. I am thinking maybe my electric fuel pump is putting out to much pressure, what you guys think? What kind of fuel pressure should I have for a Holley 1904? I am ordering a fuel regulator I am hoping that helps.

Eric

2. JohnEvans

JohnEvans
    from Phoenix AZ

Float bad? The old brass floats would leak sometimes filling up with fuel and sink causing flooding. Take it out and and shake it usually you can feel fuel sloshing around inside. Or stick it in acan of gas should float like a fishing bobber.

3. 6-7 lbs max (no lower than 4 lbs)any more than that will crowd the float and flood

4. huero

huero

x2..............................

5. CGkidd

CGkidd

thanks. I will take a look at the float after work today.

6. stukks

stukks

I lean towards to much pressure.

My F100 book says 7psi. Most forum threads say closer to 4psi.

The pressure regualtor might be the way to go.

7. 51PanelMan

51PanelMan

I'm in the process of putting an OFFY dual carb set up in my 52 with a 215 6 cyl. I have about 9 different Holley 1904s. Three of them have the glass bowl. I gave all of them to a local rebuilder to make two very nice ones.

I hope I don't get any issues with them after they're installed.