Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hollander Interchange 55 56 57 Chevy car doors

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by OldoginMd, Dec 1, 2010.

1. OldoginMd

OldoginMd

Are the numbers printed on the doors for Hollander Interchange reference ?

I have seen numbers mentioned in other threads where could I find the door number and a list to compair them to ?

Thanks
    Oldog

Last edited: Dec 1, 2010
  2. squirrel

squirrel

I don't think there are part numbers stamped on the doors. The Hollander numbers (like 807) are just used in the Hollander book to see what other cars a part fits.

3. OldoginMd

OldoginMd

Is there a way to reference the #'s on the doors ?
    Thanks

4. RacerRick

RacerRick

Chevy car doors are pretty easy to identify interchange.

55-56 doors interchange, but 57 don't because the cowl is a different height.

2 dr sedan doors fit all 2 dr sedans - including 2 dr wagons
    4 dr sedan doors fit all 4 dr sedans and wagons
    2dr hardtop doors fit 2 dr hardtops
    4 dr hardtop doors fit 4 dr hardtops
    Convertable doors - only convertables IIRC (small difference in the door jamb area I am told and 2 dr hardtop doors can be modified)

If there is frame around the window, its a sedan door. A hardtop door has no frame around the window. Then the only difference is the trim holes.

5. Squablow

Squablow

That can't be right, I'm pretty sure 55-56 doors interchange with '57 as well. The repop doors don't differentiate between 55-56 and 57. If you are correct, then my '57 2 door conversion is doomed from the start. But I'm pretty sure they're all the same.

You got me all freaked out now, I need someone to chime in and confirm this.

6. lawman

lawman

The above is "Soooo Right" IMHO LOL Tom (Tired Old Man)

7. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

I've seen '57 Doors on plenty of '55 & '56s. It's the windshields that are different, NOT the doors.

8. OldoginMd

OldoginMd

I have a set I was going to sell and the guy ask me to be specific on what the doors cam from .. I have what I believe to be hard top doors that would fit 55 56 57 Hardtops Nomad and convertable am I correct ? The wing on at least one of the doors does not appear to have a latch pin as I found the following in an earlier post

"The doors appear to be 55. If the wing windows have the latch pins then they are for a hardtop. It the latch pins are not present they are for a convert. "

Here is what I have;

Attached Files:

9. One of the 56 guys will have to confim this but I know on 56 Bel Airs at least, (maybe all 56's?) the door lock cylinders are a bit higher so as not to interfere with the trim.

10. The doors you have are '55 Belair hardtop. The trim over the vent window has a notch for the hardtop door "flippers" where as convetable door do not have this notch.

The vent windows on convertables didn't have latches. However, your door has the "hardtop" vent trim. I suspect that the window is not original to the door. The vent windows are the same on hardtops and convertables except for the latch.

The doors will fit on any other 2 door hard top car, convertble, or Nomad. There are differences in the trim patterns, and the door lock location, on the other models and model years. Also the glass on the Nomad is different from all others.

I would rather have your original doors vs repops and re-skinning the doors would be a waste if they were not used on a '55.

11. henry29

henry29

They won't fit a nomad.

12. OldoginMd

OldoginMd

Is he getting a deal @ $450 apiece ? His offer

Last edited: Dec 1, 2010
  13. the 56 door locks are in a different location. Also 55,56, and 57 pontiac doors will interchange with the chevrolet. all 55 56 and 57 doors will interchange. the trunk lids will interchange. The 56 and 55 complete front cap will interchange too. OldWolf

14. lawman

lawman

Thanks Old Wolf !!!! Tom (Tired Old Man)

15. OldoginMd

OldoginMd

Old wolf Good info ..and I LOVE that sign on your Avitar thing
    Oldog

16. OldoginMd

OldoginMd

Thanks to all !!!! I am a truck guy and am getting an edumacation here

17. Squablow

Squablow

That seems like a fair price to me. New ones aren't much more than that. Some guys prefer the originals but they're rarely flawless. I think you'd sit on them for a long time before you sold them for more than that.

Where did you get them? I hope you're not breaking up a nice solid car because a guy wants just the doors.

I do feel a lot better now knowing my doors are going to work on my '57. Had me worried.

18. OldoginMd

OldoginMd

Squablow ,
    I bought a bunch of parts for 47- 54 trucks and the guy told me "I had to take the doors " with the other parts........ also there were 2 57 hoods and a trunk deck . he held on to the 57 fiberglass front clip though .

I do not break up anything.... had it been a complete car body you may see a new car on my Avitar !!

Thanks for your input ... this site has taught me alot that I would have never found had it not been recomended to me

Oldog

19. My family bought that sign for my 50 th birthday. Did you ever see the movie second hand lions/ Well any how my answer was like theirs a blast from a 12 guage. Once somebody complained to the sheriff. He stated you shot at so and so. I replied did you see ant bullett holes in them or their vehicle? He said no. My reply was well that proof that I didnt shoot at them. After a half hour or so me and him had a shooting contest shooting beer cans and bottles out at the pond bank. He agreed I didnt shoot at them. We do practice shooting a lot see attached photo. My wife woul love for the picker guys to show up here so she can run them off with a double barrell 12 guage.

20. OldoginMd

OldoginMd

Old Wolf ,
    WORD OF IT !!!!!

21. That would be a good price for the doors. New ones are $950ea from East Coast Chevy. You might be able to squeeze another $100 from someone who really wants original doors. From the looks, your would be worth it, but since you got the stuff as a "package deal" I would take the offer. That way you both get something.

22. RacerRick

RacerRick

I just tried to put 57 doors on my 55 and they didn't fit. The upper curve of the door was low to the cowl and fender. They did physically bolt up and latch, but didn't look right.

Maybe the doors I got are buggered.

23. henry29

henry29

Can you post some pics, there are no differences between 55 and 57 chevy doors except the trim holes.