Register now to get rid of these ads!

Holdens?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Stone, Feb 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Troy I know for certain that is not Noels car and I must confess that I know exactly where it is.

2. Here's the boot lid from the car with the original plate still attached.
    Pic was taken September 2009 and no it doesn't belong to me.

Attached Files:

3. Spoggie, I would like to say it is in a good place but I can't............:mad:

4. tmf

tmf

Thats good news. So you taking me to have a look when i come down for the swap meet.

5. tmf

tmf

Here are some recent photos of Lance Simmers old Draggin Coupe FJ currently getting restored.

Attached Files:

6. Don't think that it would be possible but come and talk to me at the swap and I will be able to tell you more about it.

7. tmf

tmf

Mark
    I will catch up with you at the swap meet.

8. Wow, the Harper boot lid looks a bit sad, I hope the rest of the car isnt like that. That car blew me away when it was in Custom Rodder and on the show circuit.
    Speaking of Custom Rodder, I wish it was still around. Really dug all the errors and Eddies goofy sketches. I grew up with it.

9. Whoh! Its the Bushranger - A new high- tech dragster. For sale too! - Just something different for a change. Dont email , twitter,facebook him or phone Paul Kelly about his slingshot, just drive out to orange! Ah, the 60's! Perhaps he became a singer after his drag racing career?

Attached Files:

10. Draggin' Coupe lookin' good- good news..

11. Draggin' Coupe lookin' good- good news..

12. Last edited: Mar 27, 2011
  13. Stone

Stone

14. couple more of a mates humpy
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    barnsey

15. Stone

Stone

Thats as cool as the other side of the pillow.

16. Hi spoggie

i was just about to add some pics from last weekend but ya beat me to it .

i dont often come on The H.A.M.B

the posts are to fast and i cant keep up . thanks for adding them

17. Anyone know what's happening with the car that started this thread?

18. hudson48

hudson48

That car was being built by John(Chopper) Katsansis who owned Johns Rod & Custom.He also put on the Picnic in November and the Kustom Nationals at Phillip Island.
    Unfortunately he passed away this year I think.His sons still operate the business and probably still have the car.

19. The Boys are still workin on it slowly, slowly. Was actually looking at it last week. They are also still running both the workshop and shop, not too mention the show side of it too.

20. Wardog

Wardog

Giving mine a bit of a tidy up.

Attached Files:

21. Wardog

Wardog

A FAIR bit of a tidy up!

Attached Files:

22. buck8

buck8
    from Austin

I've never been a particularly big Holden fan but I gotta say that FJ concept is unbelievably gorgeous. The lines and the style is a beautiful mix of vintage design with a modern feel. Puts me head over heels.

Last edited: May 30, 2014
  24. She's Ace pops the front wheels up on a regular basis. I believe Romano & Mick are now also building another replica for an original racer, "Dirty Harry" for the original driver Harry White.

25. deadbeat

deadbeat

Hey Andrew,you been down to the south island yet,heaps of ol Holdens down there.Its not that they dont appreciate your customs,Kiwis love their American cars & old hot rods more,but thats just my opinion.Im curently working in a speed shop in Wellington & I have had quite a few enquires for old speed equipment for red & grey motors & we sell a lot of "Redline" products.Reading that cataloge (spl) takes me back to roaring around western Sydney in my EH panel van,back in the day.In 2011 I visited Johns shop in Victoria & met one of the sons,just after Johns passing,nice guy, he gave me the tour of the place. Good folk indeed

26. I think this is from #1 Custom Rodder. Nice eh?[​IMG]

deadbeat likes this.
  27. henry roberts

henry roberts
    from australia

a bit OT and a long shot, but does anyone know what happened to jack myers FX/FJ? race car?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.