Register now to get rid of these ads!

Holdens?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Stone, Feb 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LabRat

LabRat

bonez , The answer is yes ... same guy .

2. I remember being at a Sunday bbq in Terowie around 81? We all feasted on 'roo doused in red wine. The locals rocked up in beat dusty things- a Y- block late 60's F100, and also in a Jewel or Sherwood- like green Kustom FJ ( roll pans), bone vinyl roof, 273 Valiant V8. It may have had AP5 tailights. Plate was low, recessed I guess.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2011
  3. Torana68

Torana68
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Australia

small world huh, i saw it in wollongong around then outside a corner shop (either Fairy Meadow or Corimal area?)
    Roger

4. Scotty Harrod

Scotty Harrod

Mine's just got the mild custom touches...
    [​IMG]
    ;)
    Scotty.

5. GlenC

GlenC

Lance owned/worked at a service station on the main road running north out of Wollongong town centre at the time. I was working at a car yard just at the top of the hill as the main road comes out of the town centre. Can't remember names, too bloody long ago, but I sure remember that ride!

And I have no idea why the pics won't show. I had to make them smaller to upload them, but thumbnails don't want to show...

Cheers, Glen.

6. Here ya go Glen

[​IMG]

lance1.jpg

7. Looks good Scotty- the molded front is pleasing to the eye.

8. rooman

rooman

I dug a bit deeper in the archives and found this. At this point the car had been reduced to the role of push car for the dragster.

Roo

[​IMG]

9. ^ Coolest pushcar ever!

Roo, d'ya remember a blown/inj. red 6 powered s/shot which ran sometimes in Adelaide ( approx. early 80's (?). LOUD.

10. BillyM

BillyM

Believe it or not, I just pulled a mild dent out of a Subaru for an elderly woman, good friend of my parent's........her maiden name? Holden, and she tells me it was her father that started the company!

I'll have to find out some more information from her.......especially why and how she ended up here?

11. That makes her father about 190 y.o!

Snippets;
    Page Publications, approx. 1977.

Attached Files:

12. bobhoneybrook

bobhoneybrook

Thanks for that last shot Roo, the guy standing by the side is Mick Taylor brother of "Crazyman" Taylor. Mick passed away December 10th 2010.

13. Stefan T

Stefan T
    from Sweden

The Holdes are cool.
    But have never seen annyone that i can rember.
    They are not common her in Sweden

14. Stone

Stone

SO I really love this thread. And I am jonesing for some more pictures of Choppers Holden.

15. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

My old 48 Holden (FX) Over 30yrs ago now:eek:
    [​IMG]

16. ^ I remember it in CR! Looks quick- how'd the flip front hold up with street use? Got any yarns to tell?

Last edited: Jan 10, 2011
  17. Choppers custom was not at the show so no new photos folks.
    BUT, I have thousands of photos of cars taken at that event (yesterday) that are just as worthy of mention here on the H.A.M.B. Which thread do I put them on? Help?

18. Yeah it was but it was being used as ute should.

As for the pics start a thread for the Kustom Nats.

19. Stone

Stone

I was actually refering to Chopper's bare metal Holden.

20. No real change from the last pic I posted.

21. The following from Lansdowne Press books 'Motor Racing- the Australian Way'. 1972

Humpy orgy @ Calder

Repco Record driven by designer Charlie Dean with author Neville Shute along for the ride.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 10, 2011
  22. Stone

Stone

Thanks Devilrod.

23. Invasion of the Humpy,s :cool: Thanks.

Attached Files:

24. Like Star Wars or sumpin'.
    Check out the state of the track.

25. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Built that in late 70's, early 80's. Tilt front was all steel and actually held up quite well over the years as everything was mounted to front subframe. Hinged on modified bar bracket. Car is still around and now white, smaller wheels. Hipo 6cyl and Muncie 4sp are long gone I believe. Wish I hadn't cut the roof. I was the 2nd owner and it was my 1st car bought with 60K original miles. Solid it later with only 66K miles.
    Noel HARPER if you remember built one with Jag IFS & IRS, full chassis, SBC with 4 x downdraft Webbers and steel tilt front.

26. Thanks mgtstumpy. What'd you do? Chop it? Please elaborate, if time permits ..

p.s Hope you are coping OK with floods. Stay safe.

27. Any idea where Noel's car is?

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ

28. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Haven't seen or heard of it for some time now. Think he got into rodding at some stage? It was a very well put together, engineered and detailed car from what I saw in magazines.

29. tmf

tmf

Mark last story i heard on Noels car was it now has a rover V8 in it and you wouldnt recognise it as the same car. Not confirmed only a story but makes a bit of sense as it seems to have fallen off the face of the earth.

Troy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.