Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hobbyair setup question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by randy, Feb 20, 2013.

1. randy

randy

Considering buying a Hobbyair thing before my next paint excursion. All the Iso talk convinced me...

Anyway, my question is about setup. Where do you put the air box when painting in a garage? Don't isocyanates travel more than 40 feet? Supposedly you get 40' of air hose. I assume that would mean you are 40' away from the air box at most. That doesn't seem like that would get you "fresh" air...maybe slightly cleaner air, but not "fresh".

Manufacturer says:

"Locate the intake air pump in a fresh air location and breathe HEPA filtered clean fresh air in virtually any contaminated breathing environment."

Somebody clue me in.

Attached Files:

2. Berky

Berky

I use mine when I am in a paint booth. The air pump is located outside the booth away from the mixing table. If I use it at home I place it as far away as possible, preferably down draft of the wind.

I don't know if I am still breathing ISOs, but it has got to be better than a basic charcoal filter mask.

3. lht

lht

drill a hole in garage wall and put it outside maybe you could rig a quick disconnect. with any mask if you smell paint it ain't workin

4. randy

randy

5. 31Apickup

31Apickup

My air system uses a smaller hose, but I keep it in the basement, so I'm getting air from inside of the house. I put a sleeve in the back wall and can run the hose out to my detached garage. I can just walk around the back of a car when the hose is in use.

6. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

i have not seen it, but a guy i know made a fresh air system from a car blower motor with filters, its mounted outside garage and is piped threw hose to his mask. using outside air as he paints in garage/booth sounds pretty slick and not alot of money.

7. second_floor_loft

second_floor_loft

If you're painting in the garage for instance, put it outside of the closed garage, and by the way, keep it in the shade. if it's in the sun the air it's pumping will get hot quickly.

8. 6-71

6-71

I have a Breathe-cool setup.I crack a window and set the pump outside on top of my wife's flower box..;)

9. Andy

Andy

I put filters on the air pump inlet. Same fiters used on the masks. I wanted to be sure.