Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration ** Ho, Ho, Ho, Friday Art Show 12/23/16 **

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 57 Corvette ~ Bob, Dec 23, 2016.

1. 57 Corvette ~ Bob

57 Corvette ~ Bob

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all ..........

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Wishing you all the best for Christmas and 2017.
    Thanks for the inspiring art this year and here's to seeing more amazing work in 2017.

IMG_7699_A4_A4polohdrorthrdcptintntoilogo.jpg

Ruben Duran, Lepus, Mark A and 21 others like this.
  3. Stellar work as usual Bob! Thanks for the inspiration and for sharing your talent.

Mark A and 57 Corvette ~ Bob like this.
  4. The KID! Cool!

robber and Cruisin' like this.

5. Ho Ho HO!!! Merry Christmas HAMB!
    Mmmmmm...... Christmas Hamb.......

[​IMG]

(Breaking a rules with an OT car...) HEY BOB! We both tied down our trees backwards and our twine goes to places they shouldn’t,
    for that “mystery tie down” feel ya just can’t get in the real world. CHEERS! and Merry Christmas.

[​IMG]

6. Frogz

Frogz

I wish you all the best for Xmas.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. battersea boys

battersea boys
    from surrey

image.jpeg Into the light oil on canvas
    Merry Christmas everyone and may all your rods be hot...

8. Merry Christmas! -from the warmest Christmas city in the world- Adelaide, Australia (104°)

120824LpzWCFltr-copy.jpg

120803AstroProtoX2.jpg ..

120717\'56BBG.jpg

120518Fiora\'34Ford-copy.jpg

120201ShbxCstm-copy.jpg

111126;55Malibu-copy.jpg

111111Rockers-copy.jpg

110728\'36GB.jpg

from Steve.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
  9. { MERRY CHRISTMAS } To my HAMB family. Its has been a busy week. My kids and grandkids will be spending Christmas with us. So I really didn't have the time to draw anything new this week. So this is my Christmas card to you. Thanks everyone for your encouragement, and likes. Ron... 024.jpg

10. kenmo

kenmo

Nicely blends the magic of Christmas with the free spirit of hot rodding... All the best my friend....

Mark A and 57 Corvette ~ Bob like this.
  11. kenmo

kenmo

Merry Christmas everyone....All the best in the New Year....

[​IMG]

12. IMG_20161219_192111.jpg IMG_20161221_160659.jpg Merry Christmas to all HAMBers, and their families.

Here's an old Texaco petrol tank cap, before and after.
    I finished this one, this week, and it's in Santa's colors, so i thought I'd show it.

13. Merry Christmas
    40 Ford Christmas-canvas.jpg

14. Computer chaos and busy in the glass business, never got to finish this one. But I wanted to contribute as my heart was in it for the Christmas season. Take it as ghost Santa Hot Roddin' around the hood.
    32dragcar7-copy-1.jpg
    Finished Santa oldie in a OT car (sorry):
    santa_stang2-copy.jpg
    Merry Christmas!

15. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Do these count as art? IMG_1353.JPG IMG_1355.JPG

16. Merry Christmas everyone. I have enjoyed everyone's post this past year and look forward to 2017 IMG_3279.JPG IMG_3280.JPG

17. battersea boys

battersea boys
    from surrey

Vintage Car Boot sale 092.JPG SHELL HEADQUARTERS LONDON

18. Wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas and a happy and healthy New Year!!

[​IMG]

19. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

[​IMG]
    Love it Bob. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

20. Here is a Beautiful Pencil Drawing just done by our own "John Mullen" sitting on my desk at work.
    Thanks John and Merry Christmas.

KIMG0216.jpeg

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
  21. Wild Willy

Wild Willy

Wishing everyone the very best! IMG_3963 no border.jpg

22. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2016-12-23_5-53-59.png
    1965 Arty photo taken from the top of Heavenly Valley Ski Lift.
    Hello,

Sorry, there is no Christmas-type drawing in my old drawing book. But, there is a great Christmas story…

On one of our summer driving trips to the Bay Area and a side trip to our favorite spot, Lake Tahoe, for a vacation, we spend a couple of weeks just driving all around the lake and surrounding mountains. This is in contrast to going up there during the Christmas winter season. upload_2016-12-23_5-57-26.png
    photo Buckingham luxury rentals
    It was one of our favorite places to ski in the winter with the fast trails and runs. Sorry, skiing in the winter and photography, for us, did not go together. There is too much to concentrate on while skiing, without a big 35mm camera hanging around your neck.

But, after Christmas, one of our skiing vacations in 1966 was to go to Lake Tahoe to ski all of the places around the lake. Our most intense, was the Eagles Nest at Squaw Valley. That ridge was intense and the fresh powder was almost shoulder high. Coming down that face was so much fun, but very scary. It was like riding a 20 foot plus wave at the beach. I had already experienced falling down the face of a 15 foot wave and that was not fun. There were moments that going under this wall of powder was a reality and would be similar to drowning. “Tips up” was the call of the day. We were beaming when we got down to the base. YES!

What a Christmas vacation… friends, great food, the fresh smell of pine trees, and a ton of fresh snow for some great skiing. The drive was very long in a VW bug, but in your 20’s who cares? It is the destination…etc.

Jnaki
    upload_2016-12-23_5-59-53.png
    Eagles Nest Run, Squaw Valley, Lake Tahoe…photo: keoki flagg

23. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

Thank you all for a festive Friday art show. There are some true masters here and I look forward to this show every week.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good HAMB.

24. Dave Mc

Dave Mc

25. Dave Mc

Dave Mc

26. Wild Willy

Wild Willy

A little sled that I painted for under the tree.... sleds 011.jpg

27. Speed~On

Speed~On

We traveled to visit my parents last weekend and they gave me some really cool Christmas gifts. My father made this model which looks identical to my Model A. He purchased the body in New York and used parts from other kits to complete the model. Some parts he made by hand including my custom dash and bomber seats; it's unreal!! Even the license plate is correct! I have it in a case and it's displayed in my office. So Cool!
    upload_2016-12-23_9-20-27.png

They also had this photo enlarged and framed for me. This photo was taken around 1936 in Missouri. It's a photo of my great grandfather Ernest, standing in front of his 1930 Ford Model A Sedan. Now I know where my love for Model A's came from!
    upload_2016-12-23_9-23-34.png

Last edited: Dec 24, 2016
  28. ...nothin xmas themed but found this one that has some red & green;...and another "board" I'm still workin on.
    ...lots of really nice stuff again today,...Happy holidays to you all.
    fri art 092.jpg fri art 096.jpg

slack, kiwijeff, Ruben Duran and 26 others like this.