Register now to get rid of these ads!

hit by car, pray for me

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lostforawhile, Feb 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thoughts and prayers to you dude.
    -Pat

2. chaddilac

chaddilac

Sending em up to big daddy!!! Get well!!!!

3. Flatheadguy

Flatheadguy

I hope you have a swift and complete recovery. Keep us posted as to progress.
    And, I believe in the power of positive thinking (a great book by the way...ggogle it).

4. jroberts

jroberts

Having been an avid cyclist I have had a couple of encounters with cars and neither were pleasant, obviously, I can understand what you are going through. Know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.

5. Happy healing and best of luck with it, hope there is no permanent damage to you.

6. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

Good luck to you, I was ran over by a car, permanently disabled, I receive $400 per month, they expect me to live on that, the guy that ran me over had everything in an LLC corporation which was almost in Bankruptcy so a lawsuit would have done nothing, not that I could afford a lawyer anyway, he had no insurance, so I ended up selling my entire car collection along with ever other thing I owned for medical expences and here I am 10 years later, still cant function some days, other days if I can pump enough drugs in my I can pretty much function like a normal person and I am only 44 years old, FML, it really is not worth it, I hate it, every fucking day is worse than the next I think....so whatever you do, cover all your bases and make sure you get whats coming to you because you will get screwed if they can in any way, trust me I got it from all sides......Jim

7. Sorry to hear but you must be somewhat lucky to not be hospitalized. Too bad about your bike; I've got a '61 Schwinn Corvette.

8. GeezersP15

GeezersP15
    from N.E. PA

Thoughts and prayers sent in your behalf. Hang in there, listen to the docs, and I hope you make a speedy recovery.

9. Glad you're alive, not paralyzed or left with a traumatic brain injury. Praying for a full and quick recovery.

10. screwball

screwball

When I was 27 I was inner tubing behind my buddy's boat and they ran me into a floating swim platform. Broke my back three ribs punchered a lung and bruised a kidney. Thank god we have decent health up here. I would have hated to have to sue my best friend. Im 51 now still have issues so take care and make sure you get all Medical issues down in writing now and what you might expect in the future. I still take a few days off each year and some killer pain meds every now and then to settle the muscle spasms. Best of luck hope all goes well.

11. That's some fucked up shit,right there!!! Hope you AND the Schwinn come out okay...Good luck with the legal stuff too.

12. TheEngineer

TheEngineer
    from New Mexico

Prayers for speedy, full recovery.

13. LOW LID DUDE

LOW LID DUDE
    from Colorado

Holy shit man,that sucks.Thank god you survived. Rest easy and get better.

14. It may not seem like it now, but it looks to me like you were one very luck guy. Don't let the bills stress you out. Just the fact you're worried about them tells me your a responsible individual, but you've got to just keep telling yourself that whatever happens with bills, etc can be taken care of one way or another, and whatever happens is not a result of something intentional.

15. iammarvin

iammarvin
    BANNED
    from Tulare, Ca

I am sure you where obeying all traffic laws as it pretains to bikes, but I sure as shit am SICK of our two wheel pedalers not doing the same thing! Our two wheeled friends need to obey the laws too. Prayers for your recover and may God bless you.
    When pedalers act like cars they will be treated as cars, when they jump curbs, flash through traffic, don't obey traffic signals, think they are a pedestrians (which they are NOT), and just plain think they are invincible to a bumper from a 2ton whatever we will all better off. Why do pedilars think thier little funky helmets allow them immunity to all laws?
    Let the blistering begin, I have tough skin!

16. big bad john

big bad john

You're going to okay....lots of prayers sent your way...

17. Damned, sorry to hear that.

18. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Hope ya heal up quickly . Many moons ago I was hit by a car while on my bike - it sucked & I wasn't as badly busted-up :( .

19. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Prayers sent. May this turn out as His will.

20. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

I understand completly. I always follow traffic laws

21. ken bogren

ken bogren

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

My Schwinn and I were in a bike/car crash a long time ago when I was a teenager. Reading your post brought the memory right back. I wasn't hurt bad, but still not fun, and my Schwinn was history.

22. My prayers for you, hope you have a speedy and complete recovery. You have a lot of things to worry about ,don't worry over the bills, get well keep a positive attitude. No one is going to be bothering you about bills when you are in the hospital with a broken back.

23. oldcarguygazok

oldcarguygazok
    from AUSTRALIA.

GWS mate,put a big MK'N engine in the bike when you rebuild,then outrun the bastards .

Gaz!

24. SakowskiMotors

SakowskiMotors

Sent

Hope you feel better.

Don't worry about things you can't control now.

Plenty of time later to deal with those things.

25. Feel for you bud.. I got taken out back in 2005, spent 3 1/2 years out of work, only settled middle of last year .. was a damn long road, good family and friends and a lot of patience got me through.. Hang in there !!

26. Jay.S

Jay.S

Oh man! I hope for the best!

Anyone else find it strange that someone has rated this a 1star??

27. Not good. Prayers along with hopes for a full recovery.

28. k9racer

k9racer

Good Luck and a speedy recovery......

29. hammered30

hammered30
    from west aus

Man that sucks big time i hope you have a speedy recovery
    Cheers hammered

30. Jkustom

Jkustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Best wishes Sir. Keep positive. :)