Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical MOTORCYCLE JACKET

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TINGLER, Feb 25, 2007.

1. Omega

Omega
    from Mass

Geeram thank you so much for identifying that jacket! I would have had no idea, it retails for 750bucks...i better start saving.

2. GeeRam

GeeRam

No sweat....:)

If you haven't already found it, this is the link to the Eastman site showing close up details of the 'Hartmann'......

http://www.shopcreator.com/mall/eastmanleather/topic/topic-17513-1.stm

3. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

Oh...cool!
    Didn't see your post about tunics before I made mine!
    I'm not 100% convinced its the same thing...but it does look a little longer than a regular jacket so it could be just a different style tunic, perhaps English instead of a Sears brand. The tunic length would give better protection from the cool night breezes etc in spring and fall up this way so it makes sense.

Wish I had a pic or two of the Great Uncle in his riding gear!

4. T-Time

T-Time
    from USA

I agree. I did not mean to imply it was exactly the same style, but it does appear to be a tunic cut. I've always thought that the tunics were very cool...especially with a long aviator's silk scarf thrown around the neck.

5. T-Time

T-Time
    from USA

I found a perfect condition G1 at the thrift store, today! Took it to my buddy at the Army/Navy store, and he confirmed its authenticity. I don't think that it has ever even been "broken in". Seems to be late Vietnam era. No tags or markings except for a perforated "USN".

CheaterRome...did you ever get to look at the photos that I posted above of the Excelled Perfecto style jacket, and the ones that I emailed to you? I'm still trying to date it.

6. V4F

V4F
    from middle ca.

[​IMG]

mine has 3 rivets in back , not 2 like this one .
    the one i have from the fifties has kidney support built in it , red liner , daniel boone trail blazer outerwear , guaraunteed genuine steerhide ! .......... steve