Register now to get rid of these ads!

history of McGuire strato rods dragway ft. dix new jersey

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by matt Delio, Apr 23, 2011.

1. matt Delio

matt Delio

I would like to hear from some others who ran at this track if possible we spent a lot of good times there. later, matt.

2. 6-71

6-71

I didn't race there,but I was stationed at Ft.Dix in 1966,and I did "sneak" over to McGuire a few times to watch the drags. A lot of water under the bridge since then,I dont remember many details.:)

3. 270283

I was stationed at McGuire in 68-69 and went there quite a few times. One car that sticks out was a yellow Olds Cutlass W-31. It had a 350 with a 4-speed and would daylight the left front on shifts. He ran in Stock with JCPenney slicks. Fast car. Most of us back then did our racing on the access road across from the Main Gate. Both bases were filled with hot rods and muscle cars. Aside from Vietnam, it was a great time to be young.

4. Dave Ley

Dave Ley

I raced there quite a bit back in the day.

5. Tony Ray

Tony Ray

I know this is a very old post, but recently found out that my dad used to run here as well. Been trying to find pictures of his cars from when he raced in late 60s early 70s. if anyone has pics from the Strato Rods races back then and happen to have eithe a white 64 falcon sedan delivery or a white 65 falcon sedan 2 door post car please let me know!