Register now to get rid of these ads!

HISTORY OF A HOT RODDER- Tom Masa Part 1

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KING CHASSIS, Nov 17, 2007.

1. I love this stuff! It would be great if more people would borrow an old timers photo album and post some pics and stories. Thes guys won't be around forever to tell their stories. I think this is an area where most magazines fall short. We are forever hearing about the legends of our sport/hobby/whatever but there are hundreds of really interesting stories that aren't getting told. Thanks s for posting, looking forward to part 2!

2. squid

squid

Completely awesome. Makes me wish i was on the other side of the state just to go see the pics in person. Looking forward to part 2 as well as any other memoirs from the guys who used to have all the good parts.

3. PeteFromTexas

PeteFromTexas

That is some great history. I can't wait for the rest.

4. bigken

bigken

Hey Brian, killer story, can't wait for Part 2............ I'm gonna shoot a link to this story, and see if my dad minght not know Tom. Dad raced at Alton from the late 50's to the 70's. I can't help but think they crossed paths.
    Happy Thanksgiving, dude, have a good one.
    Bigken

5. Brad S.

Brad S.

6. sololobo

sololobo

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">What a great saga!! Man what a cool score hooking up with Tom and John, I'm thinking I'm to old for this stuff at 64 and here is a guy 73 still machining stuff for racers. Nice wake up call for me. Good luck on some seat time in the Ghost and hope you get it to the H.A.M.B. drags. Thanx for including "our gang" with this super story. Great!!!-Sololobo/Roadburners of Omaha
    </TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

7. sodas38

sodas38

What a great read, thanks for sharing. Those were great times I'm sure.

8. eddie_zapien

eddie_zapien

Great story, Cant wait for part two

9. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I was reading about "Zorba's Ghost" in Garage Magazine before I went to bed last night. I woke up in a sweat an I owe it all to F.E.D. Anyways Tom seems like the purist form of racer and I like these shots that confirm his love for anything fast. Can't wait for part two.

10. rab71

rab71

Man, I love those stories! I could read stuff like that all day long, thank you very much!:D

11. Sweet post..........bring on part 2 bro.......thanks for sharing!

12. Dirty2

Dirty2

Great story !!! Thanks for posting .

13. jonnycola

jonnycola

What a badass.

14. KING CHASSIS

KING CHASSIS

15. not-responsible

not-responsible

16. HotRodTom32

HotRodTom32
    from DSM, Iowa

Nice post! (at least, to a triumph rat like me with a '57 3TA!!!). I am diggin' that t-bird! I'm also in with MonsterFlake and Nick32Vic, You got any more pics? Would LOVE to see 'em! Gotta LOVE them Pre-units, man! Great read.

17. HotRodTom32

HotRodTom32
    from DSM, Iowa

OH, almost forgot! GREAT posting on the early rails and them lil "Big 6"s! Love 'em and want more of 'em!

18. monsterflake

monsterflake

i've talked to tom about scanning some more of his pics and getting some more detailed history. i was hoping to put his narration over a youtube video slide show, but that is up to tom. the delay is all mine though, garage construction (still!) and a more video-capable computer are holding me back...

19. KING CHASSIS

KING CHASSIS

Back to the top for Toms 75th birthday today.