Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Fomosa Raceway 29A Sedan

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sideways27, Jan 6, 2009.

1. sideways27

sideways27

I have aquired a 29A Tudor Sedan which I was told by Digger Helm ran at the raceway in the 50's. The car had a 6 cyl GMC motor with 2 2's and bus type steering. The car was purchased by Digger Helm who removed the motor and replaced it with a SMC motor out of a dragster. The car was then sold to Gwinn of Gwinn Construction who removed the motor for another project and the car was sold to another person who started the restoration process. To make a long story short I ended up with the car a few months ago and am serching for pictures and information. I am in the process of completing the process. Any help or names of someone who collects Formosa history would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2009
  2. hemi

hemi

Famoso is the raceway near Bakersfield.. Formosa is in Taiwan. :D

Got any pics?

3. earlymopar

earlymopar

Formosa IS Taiwan

4. hemi

hemi

That's what I meant... the island... but I've never been there. :D

anyways.... here's the pictures of the car:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'd also like to add that if it was the construction company in Bakersfield, it was probably Guinn Construction.

http://www.guinnconstruction.com/index.html

They've been around since the '50s.... pretty big outfit. I think Gary is the guys name who helped out with a dragster and stuff a few years back...
    That might help.