Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Historic Stock Car Photos

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by indybigjohn, Aug 28, 2008.

1. bushy

bushy
    from ohio

2. Hberg Lives

Hberg Lives

Drivers and their cars in alpahbetical order who ran pavement at Hberg............(note: click to open attachment then use full screen option on your browser tool bar to read text)

Here's Bickerstaff in my book...........this one will have a few parts to it.......and continue on the next post........

3. Hberg Lives

Hberg Lives

Drivers and their cars in alpahbetical order who ran pavement at Hberg............(note: click to open attachment then use full screen option on your browser tool bar to read text)

Remainder of Bickerstaff profile.......

4. indybigjohn

indybigjohn
    Member Emeritus

Hberg Lives, as I said before, WELCOME to the thread. It's great to see all this history being preserved.

Same to you, Bushy! You're posting some great photos of people I really liked when I was working with ASA from 1972 through 1984, before I went to IRP full-time.

Somebody sent me a photo of that fire in the pits at Winchester wanting to know who it was. I remember the incident, but couldn't remember who. Asked Steve Stubbs, and he said from the looks of the car, it may have been Lonnie Breedlove. I don't think it's Moose Myers because of the style of the "0."

5. Hberg Lives

Hberg Lives

6. Hberg Lives

Hberg Lives

Thanks big guy.......I'm staying with the theme of historical stock car pictures here with the info...........btw.......did Chuck Rommell ever race ASA?? ......could it be his car in that fire photo?

7. Hberg Lives

Hberg Lives

I wonder with all the success of ASA drivers over the years in Cup racing why Senneker didn't make a more successful go at it??

Money I guess???

8. hanley_72

hanley_72

to whoever was looking for pics of Norm Lelliott. Get in touch with me, I have a friend I can get you in touch with who most likely will have pics of him, or know where to find what you are looking for.
    LOVE the DON BIEDERMAN pic and story.
    Thanks again for the JR. HANLEY pic from Cincy, ASA 1984
    Chuck Roummel did race some ASA races and might have been in the MIS ASA races. What # and color is the car.
    LOVE THESE old pics and especially the old ASA and TOLEDO pics.
    THANKS to all who are posting them.

9. bushy

bushy
    from ohio

10. bushy

bushy
    from ohio

11. Warbird7

Warbird7

Great Earnhardt photo. It is not Sandusky, but was taken at the high banked 1/4 mile at Slinger Wisconsin.

12. hanley_72

hanley_72

Bushy, do you post on the Super Dave Supermodified site. I have seen that Malcuit pic in the Hanley can on there before.
    LOVE YOUR PICS!!!
    THANKS!!

13. bushy

bushy
    from ohio

yes i post on there....those were my pics

14. bushy

bushy
    from ohio

you are right...i took the other as i was there.
    my bad.

15. Hberg Lives

Hberg Lives

<!-- / message --><!-- attachments -->

16. Hberg Lives

Hberg Lives

17. Hberg Lives

Hberg Lives

18. Hberg Lives

Hberg Lives

Here's another long one............Tom Collela on two posts.......

19. Hberg Lives

Hberg Lives

Second Post on TC story from scrapbook...........

20. Hberg Lives

Hberg Lives

I'm the one looking for Norm's car.....I sent you a private message for follow................take care

21. dirt42

dirt42

It took me 4 days to make it to the end and all I can say is wow. I saw some really great shots and got a heck of a history lesson at the same time. My family spent a lot time at the races in the middle 7o's watching the King work his magic, but what I loved best we would stay in the same motels that some of the smaller teams would stay. There's nothing like it for a kid to look out the window and see Lennie Pond's race car in the same lot as our family car was parked in. I got a bunch of Dad's slides from Trenton that I'll try to get up on here for your enjoyment. Keep it up folks great stuff.....

22. Hberg Lives

Hberg Lives

Great memories indeed............bring on that Trenton stuff when you get around to it..........

23. jmh

jmh

When Jimmy B drove the creme and brown Chevelle, he had the family car painted the same.. John

24. Hberg Lives

Hberg Lives

Hilarious............

25. Hberg Lives

Hberg Lives

Drivers/cars in alphabetical order who ran pavement at Hberg......

(Note: click on attachment....use full screen option on your browser tool bar to read text)

26. Hberg Lives

Hberg Lives

Drivers (cars) in alphabetical order who ran pavement at Hberg......

(Note: click on attachment....use full screen option on your browser tool bar to read text)

27. Hberg Lives

Hberg Lives

28. Hberg Lives

Hberg Lives

29. Hberg Lives

Hberg Lives

30. Hberg Lives

Hberg Lives