Register now to get rid of these ads!

Historic Harry Warner roadster for sale

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kinky6, Apr 21, 2007.

1. Kinky6

Kinky6

2. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

damn that thing is cool... maybe if I win the lottery tonight... gotta run and get my ticket now...

3. moses

moses

wow i was just reading about it in a old hop up book part chevy part ford
    and its in my neck of the woods nice car jeff

4. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

Gee Dan, aren't you going to get it?

5. Goldy

Goldy

Which engine was faster, the stovebolt or the Zora Arkus Duntov Flattie ???? Goldy

6. sledish

sledish

Look at the closing auction price, reserve not met. WTF do they want for that thing.

7. Kinky6

Kinky6

I have no idea, but I do think that this is worth more than the sum of its parts, as it were. In addition to being a very nicely restored example of a rare Ford model, with two different rare, and expensive, traditional hot rod motors, it has some historic signifigance going back to around 60 years ago. This would certainly be on my list of 100 most important hot rods.

:cool:

8. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

Its my belief, that the car was purchased for $170K, soon after it was featured in Hop Up, and that was before the 12 port was purchased.

10 years ago I was offered a complete 12 port head setup for $US4500, no short moter - just the head, intake, exhaust cover etc.

So realisitically, the 12 port mill would be worth $US10K plus.

With natural price inflation, the 12 port, and increased historical car desirability, I'd say you wouldn't get the car for under $US200K

9. Dan Warner

Dan Warner
    from so cal

Rich,

I wish I could afford the buy back. Bill Swanson, who put the Ardun in the car, sold the roadster at Barrett-Jackson for $156,000. I am told that this was the highest price paid for a hot rod to that time.

The 12 port Wayne topped engine was purchased from the Ferguson family garage with the intention to duplicate the car as my father had it. It appears that the current owner has decided to part with his collection and move on to something else. I have no idea as to the reserve price.

I have a lot of miles, memories and busted knuckles in that car.

DW

10. It started at $30,000!!! :eek:

I wonder if that bidder actually thought he had a chance?

Sure is a nice car, although it's lost some of the cool hot rod stuff. That woodgrained dash is nice and all, but the one made by Harry Warner is awesome!

Good to see it's been well looked after, but it sure would be cool to see it with the Wayne motor in it. :)