Register now to get rid of these ads!

Historic '32 five window - the "Forget, Hell" coupe - Virginia Hot Rod

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by axle, Jun 17, 2020.

1. axle

axle
    from Drag City

City: Riverside

State: California
    Price: $40
    The "Forget Hell" coupe. Most of you have heard about this amazing piece of history, but for those that haven't, please read on. This coupe was built around 1957/58 by a gentleman named Jesse Jackson III, out of Virginia Beach, Virginia. It was a Hot Rod before he acquired it, but totally redid the car to suit his needs and style. He was the builder, owner,and driver of the car that was a registered street driven Hot Rod, as well as Drag Car. It was parked in his garage in the mid 1960s, and didn't see the light of day until a few weeks ago.

It is powered by a 1957 Corvette 283 engine with high performance heads, dual point distributor, and by the sound of the engine (I got it running) a lot has been done internally. The transmission is a 1939 Ford with Lincoln Zephyr gears, and the rear is a 1950 Mercury. *I have videos of the engine running. I can send them via text.

I have cleaned and polished the paint and interior. The wheels were sandblasted, and painted the exact color of the body, thanks to PPG. The tow bar that was used to take the car to the Drags is still attached to the car!

1956 T Bird steering wheel, Stewart Warner gauges, 1949 Ford window cranks and inside door handles, 1955 Chevy ignition switch, 1941 Chevy taillights , Hollywood Accessory license plate light, and that Virginia license plate was found under the seat - it is original to the car!

The mural was done by an artist named George Williams out of Rocky Mount, North Carolina.

As the historian editor for Ol Skool Rodz & Car Culture Deluxe magazines, I recently had one of the worlds best automotive photographers, Michael Harrington, shoot the car, and with my lengthy article, will be featured in a near future issue.

The car comes with a hood top, custom made hood sides with 5 inch louvers, a title, and so far, 6 original color photo's from the 1950s. I write "so far" because the family remembers seeing trophies and a photo album. As soon as those are found, they will go with the car. This is a time capsule that needs a good caretaker. Feel free to contact me at (909)-437-2068. Thank you, Axle

thumbnail-4.jpeg thumbnail-21.jpeg thumbnail-28.jpeg thumbnail-20.jpeg thumbnail-6.jpeg thumbnail-15.jpeg thumbnail-13.jpeg thumbnail-10.jpeg

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
  2. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Free shipping anywhere in the lower 48 states.

3. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Several interested, but as of today it is still available

41 coupe likes this.
  4. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Will ship overseas ;)

5. axle

axle
    from Drag City