Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods :::Hilton Model "A" Build:::

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by eastcoast57, Dec 21, 2011.

1. tommythecat79

tommythecat79

Looking killer man your dad should be proud he did some pretty nice work on that trans tunnel.

2. chopt top kid

chopt top kid

Lookin' good!!! It's hard to beat a chopt A coupe on deuce rails...

3. THE-SYNDICATE

THE-SYNDICATE

Tyler,

Is that one of the Speedway Steering Columns? If it is, does the wheel feel rigid on there?Or is the Quick release kinda wobbly? Would love to know....

~Berta

4. Great Stance!!!!

I'll try to get by next week for a closer look.

5. brady1929

brady1929

6. Will Kimble

Will Kimble

Lookin' good Hiltons, choppity-chop!

7. Yeah, Jack and Andy are good dudes. They can turn out a tacked together perimeter frame quick, and right.

Car wont be at Cavalcade.... Too busy with other stuff when i get home (Cincy)... And i will be doing more striping this year for the charity deal, as well as working at a vending booth. Should be a good change of pace.

Robert- Yes, its one of the Speedway columns, just because the car will not be a personal keeper, it will go on to the next guy when it is shaken down. The quick release feels like any other ive ever driven, maybe a little loose. Not the fall-off-in your hands in turn two kinda wobble, just what i've come to expect from a street use release hub.

Im a lazy bastard, im going back to the shop to get pictures of the metal work. I'll get em on here today.

8. S.F.

S.F.

Yeah, your especially right about the quick part. Drew texted me today a picture of my brand new '34 perimeter chassis, already boxed and everything....the thing didnt even exist yet when I first posted on this thread... Im so stoked

9. Heres some of whats been goin on... Chop is finished pretty much, front and rear quarters are in process... Tack, hammer, tack, hammer..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

TH

10. lrs30

lrs30
    from Kentucky

Looks Killer TYLER, Now Get your ass up here and School me on chopping mine babe....Tell everbody Merry X-mas..Ryan

11. lrs30

lrs30
    from Kentucky

Any progress Tyler?

12. Hogdriver

Hogdriver
    from VA

Nice pics...this thing will be killer when placed back on the frame with that big assed motor and the pinched front end...can't wait to see the valve covers all polished up and anchored in place...see you guys next week

13. pbr40

pbr40
    from NW Indiana

thats one very clean model a!!!!!!

14. Tank

Tank

Lookin good brother! I'll stay tuned. Got a soft spot in my heart for a coupes. If I ever put glass in my rear window it will have my last BSM sticker in it!

15. Looks great. I got a great spot for you agian this year. See you guys soon.

16. Race City Rodz

Race City Rodz

Wow, I'm jealous, looks great!

17. A little bit of progress.. Actually a lot, just not a ton of pictures..

All the patches in the body are done.. The drivers side door needs to be skinned but that wont be a big deal. We got all the other stuff together to take to the paint booth tommorow so i can shoot it all BLACK... All the little stuff-front end stuff, rear end, bones, ladder bars, etc.

Finished welding all brackets on rear

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nothing too exciting..

[​IMG]

Got the wheel wells all trimmed to the subframe kit in the back, as well as putting the rear flat panel in solid..

[​IMG]

Box o' stuff for paint...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Will get some pictures at paint booth tommorow.. all is good...

TH

18. PAINT TIME LADIES...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wasn't too exciting... shot everything in an omni single stage black over some epoxy sealer... It beats spray cannin it though...

TH

19. oj

oj

Model 'a' is looking righteous - it is chised in stone that all hemis need 3 pedals, just because you blew a 4speed up don't mean a slushbox will live any longer. Bobby says no 4 spd because he'd have to modify his tunnel, so explain how finishing the chop progress is directly proportionate to gettin a 4spd in there.
    How about whipping me up a tee shirt design? Is that a fake beard?
    Later oj

20. MT26

MT26
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

Wish I could do that kind of work. Very nice!

21. OJ- I know, auto matics are not my love affair.. actually come to think of it, any kind of gear box doesnt really agree with me anymore. I think ill stick to direct drive high gear only... less shit to go wrong?

PM me on the shirt deal..

..AND YES.. The beard is the "real deal". I think..

TH

22. Noland

Noland

looking good. really coming along. I really like you paint stand its real neato

23. Hogdriver

Hogdriver
    from VA

Damn Tyler that's a nice paint booth you got there...when you going back to school?

24. brandon

brandon

how did i miss this....? :confused::eek::D back to blocking...:D

25. PROGRESS PROGRESS HOT DAMN!

BRANDON is plugging away on the body getting it finish sanded and layin the color... My old man got to cincinnati last thursday with this good lookin whore on wheels, we fiddled with little parts and GOT THE BITCH RUNNING... All is right with the world.
    Brandon-She sounded stout for a stocker;).. ill try to get that video to ya..

WE WILL BE IN DETROIT! HEADIN TO THE BIG END GET READY TO HIT THE CHUTES... SEE YOU DUDES AT COBO..

354 chrysler... good clean stocker..
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bobbed front and headlight bar we fabbed..
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

DONT MIND MY T BUCKET IN THE BACK THATS MY SPRING TIME BUGGY..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hey JUNIOR i know youre out there... the aircleaner is bitchin man..
    [​IMG]

SEE YOU ALL IN THE NEXT COUPLE WEEKS, I WILL DRIVE HER IN THE SNOW IF I HAVE TO..

T.Hilton

26. Sparkswillfly

Sparkswillfly
    from Colorado

"That thing got a Hemi?"
    Keep up the good work!

27. brandon

brandon

If the same convertor is still in it, it ought to be a f:Dun ride ....and make sure you keep the spring on trans

28. fatabone

fatabone

About time we get some new pics! Glad to see the package arrived and we'll see you guys next week.

29. Thanks Junior.. NAPA. Must get aircleaner at NAPA.

Brandon- the old man is getting antsy. ha ha

TH

30. rustednutz

rustednutz
    from tulsa, ok

Awesome build. Can't wait to see more.