Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hilliards Junkyard Pictures

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Reds 29, Nov 9, 2007.

1. Reds 29

Reds 29

Made the short trip over to Hilliard's Junkyard, and my son (DropIt) came for the first time, he took some pics:
    LINK

2. Noland

Noland

I dig the pictures

Thank you

Any cars for sale whole?

3. Adam D.

Adam D.

Jesus christ, total wonderland! awesome pics!

4. hatch

hatch
    from house

Ten years ago 99percent of his stuff was total scrap. Irv, (if he is still alive) is a complete jerk and only has alot of stuff because his prices on unusable scrap are wacko....and it's needless to comment on the few usable pieces.

5. Reds 29

Reds 29

I'm sure he would sell them whole, but good luck getting some of them out.

6. DropIt

DropIt

Yeah, but it's great to be able to drive 10 minutes and see all those great old cars, I mean where else can you go and see a REO, a Model T, a lumber truck from my hometown, and thousands of other interesting old cars. Not to mention there still is a lot of usable stuff out there, as we found some brakes to use for our project, and found the car my dad got his rear end for his hot rod from 10 years ago. Irv is still alive, btw.

7. Regardless of the crusty owner I love seeing this stuff!

8. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

That 28-29 A truck looks buildable....

9. sonic reducer

sonic reducer

10. I see that old home made roadster is still there. I went to that yard a few times when I still lived in Michigan years ago. That guy wanted $500.00 for a 51 Ford grille I was after. I'm sure it's still there.

11. Reds 29

Reds 29

It's a Dodge Humpback panel truck. It's about 1936, and they are pretty rare. I used to cut wood for a guy a few miles from Hilliards and he had just the body of one he used to store stuff in. He didn't want to get rid of it, but he sold the property a couple of years later and it was crushed! More pictures of complete ones on carnut.com
    Red

12. Irv's not a bad guy- I've always treated him the same as I expected to be treated, and we've always gotten along fine. If he doesn't like a person, he jacks up his prices to get rid of 'em. I've gotten a few screamin' hot deals on some of the stuff I've bought from him over the years.