Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Hill Country Car Shows This Weekend

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Voh, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Voh

Voh

Living in central Texas has almost an endless list of perks like BBQ, Music, H.A.M.B. home base, excellent weather and of course the cars. Of course everyone on here knows of the Roundup and the talent that show brings in. This weekend, I was lucky enough to see two local shows, the LuckenRod and Johnson City Square show. I started my Saturday in Luchenbach, and come across what I never expected to see!

We always read post on here about those who have stumbled across cars that they idolize and finally get to see in person. Without any warning Saturday was my day! About 12 years ago here on the HAMB, I stumbled across a build by member @LeadSledMerc who created a significant build thread detailing out the build of his 1937 Chevrolet "CannonBall". I read through that whole thread, even annoyed him with some questions, but just fell in love with the car. I remember seeing it in the Rodders Journal, I believe it was even in another magazine. Last I had seen it was for sale and it basically left my mind until Saturday. I have to say, its even cooler in person. It looks like its landed in Texas (Texas Plates), however I don't know anything else, as I didn't see the owner around when I was looking at it.

Enjoy - VOH

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

yep, Cool

loudbang likes this.
  3. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

Beautiful car!

loudbang likes this.
  4. Gotta add this to my 2020 calendar.

loudbang likes this.

5. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Sweeeeeeeeet!!!!

6. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

Yep, VOH, John who lives in TX bought it from me almost 2 years ago now, and has been driving the skirts off it all over TX.
    I built the car to be a driver, which I did for years, and even towed a vintage '63 Scotty camper behind it to many events. In 2011 it got a Good Guys "Kustom of the Year Finalist" awards, and was in the final picks. It also got a Street Rodder "Top 100 Pick" that same year. Always driven, and NEVER trailered.
    Thanks for the kind words, and sharing the pictures!!

Keith