Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hilborn manifold

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GENERATORSHOVEL, Aug 26, 2007.

1. GENERATORSHOVEL

GENERATORSHOVEL

I was in my neighbors garage last night and he had a bare SBC Hilborn injection manifold on the floor. He's a ford guy and doesn't like Chevy stuff stinking up his garage. He wouldn't give me a price but said he'd trade it for two big block Ford intakes, but not Edelbrocks. I couldn't find any bare manifolds for sale on any sites to get a figure of what its worth, what does anyone here think? Is it worth buying two new aluminum intakes to trade? I figured a complete setup was around 600.

2. brandon

brandon

define bare.....???? no butterflies , lines , nozzles , etc.... brandon:D

3. Yo Baby

Yo Baby

Define bare intake Ie. No shafts,butterflies,barrel valve,nozzles,lines,Etc?
    What are the throttle bore sizes?
    A truly "bare intake" isn't worth much as Devil/Dollars are in the outfitting.
    A complete set up at $600 would be a wet dream.

4. GENERATORSHOVEL

GENERATORSHOVEL

Bare, no butterflies, looked like a metering block, but no nozzles.

5. Yo Baby

Yo Baby

$50 bucks or so is all I'd be willing to go.

6. Rootie Kazoootie

Rootie Kazoootie
    from Colorado

No way, your nozzels, lines, bypass, linkage etc. is whats gonna cost you. And don't count on that metering block (barrel valve) to be good. Don't know your intentions, but the older small bore F/Is are pretty common at the swap meets for relitively cheap.FWIW, I once picked up a complete, less pump, Hilborn VW midget setup for $50.

7. GENERATORSHOVEL

GENERATORSHOVEL

Thanks for the info guys.

8. budssupere

budssupere

I like to fine one for 50.00 Bucks I ended up paying 1300 for one complete and I run it on my front motor Dragster and run it the 8s.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2009
  9. Ricola

Ricola
    from MN

I just purchased an Enderle 8 stack with the front timing cover for 600.00 No pump.

10. RugBlaster

RugBlaster

I'll bet a dollar the throttle shafts, if they were there, would be twisted........alot of people wouldn't put a stop on the linkage from the foot feed. Instead, rely on the stop at the opposite end of the shaft to do the stopping......in the heat of battle, the throttle is aggressively stomped on and torsional forces twist the shaft rendering the tuning ability of the injector to be nil.