Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hilborn guys? Whats your pump output?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by usmc50lx, Nov 17, 2009.

1. usmc50lx

usmc50lx
    from St.Louis

Alright guys heres a ? For ya. What does your pump put out pressure wise at say 3,000 rpm or at idle say 1,000 rpm. I have a silly ass idea with the single piston billet race pumps and was just wondering cause a hilborn runs off fuel VOLUME not fuel pressure there just has to be a change in relation to engine RPM? correct? the small hilborn pump is rated at 250 GPH where the billet pump i have found is about 325-350 GPH and around 100PSI. this should feed my hilborned 454 if the billet pump was unregulated correct? I understand it may not be the correct 1/2 of crankshaft speed but I think it may work!

2. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Why don't you want to run a mech inj pump? Lippy

3. usmc50lx

usmc50lx
    from St.Louis

well Im running a non remote water pump so cam drive is out of the question. But a belt drive is doable but I'm tight on space as this is in my Model A and *GASP*(its gonna be on the street) but I know thats a dirty word with mechanical injection! but really its a room factor/ something different!

4. HemiRambler

HemiRambler

I'd be afraid that that single piston pump would be real erratic at low speed idle, but there's really only one way to find out!!!!!!

You could always run one of those distributor drives if you were that pressed for room.

5. panic

panic

there just has to be a change in relation to engine RPM? correct?

Fuel delivery rate is fuel metering.
    Single speed pump is a broken clock - it's only right at one point, and you don't know which one.
    If you wanted to regulate the pump speed electronically (voltage change using a tch signal) to match RPM somehow that might work.