Register now to get rid of these ads!

hilborn for the road parts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by marq, Nov 13, 2006.

1. marq

marq

After all this chat about strombergs and how the price is nice lol,i just wondered how much it would cost for hilborn injectors and all the work and parts to put it on the road.Anyone managed this yet?i heard talk of it but as yet not a thread on how it can be done..............Marq

2. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA

I have a Hilborn for a flathead and we plan on running it on our Bonneville truck next year at World of Speed in September. www.gasolineallyshops.org
    I also have a friend that specializes in hilborn for sprint and other race cars etc. he has a flow bench for the pumps and injector units and a engine dyno as well.
    There are some obstacles to over come like accelleration pump circuits and off throttle response etc , but it appears like it can be done. I have seen a couple drive right in a car show and start right up and drive away really well.
    Hopefully ours will be up and running before year end.
    I too would like to hear from some that have done it as well. Good thread start.

3. Blownolds

Blownolds
    from So Cal

This has been talked about before, do a search for older threads. It can be done, but at the very least the barrel valve should probably be modified to have a gentler ramp. And don't use an Enderle barrel valve, those are all or nothing.

4. Gemini EFI

Gemini EFI

$4,000.00 turnkey pretuned no tuning needed
    Gemini EFI

Attached Files:

5. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

There is that silver Nova ('65-6?) I see in Pomona whenever I'm there. AFX style car, super bad-ass. Anyway, it has a Hilborn adapted for street use, I've seen one other car, years ago, with a similar setup too. It has a Holley float bowl on a remotely located plenum of some sort, he explained the whole deal (took about 15 minutes to do so) and I just stood there nodding a lot.