Register now to get rid of these ads!

*** High School Hot Rods ***

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 29-a-freak, Jun 10, 2007.

1. RatBone

RatBone

[​IMG]

graduation day 1984 , traded my 57 chevy for the
    406 small block I put in this 63.

2. COS

COS
    from KCMO

My first vehicle when I was 16 was a 50 GMC 5 window man that thing ate my lunch!! Put every penny it that thing!! I had a Mustang II 350/350 combo put in it...cool truck just couldn't keep up with it on a teenagers budget...

The car (48 2-dr Chevy sedan) I drive now my Pop bought when I was 8...I grew up in that car I.E. learned to dirve in it had graduation in it you know all the fun shit growing up...He was going to sell it 6 years ago so I stole it from him:D Now as he puts it "I am F$@KING it uP!!"...He like stock stuff and I am young and stupid and do not....I like them long low and loud!!

Needless to say if it wasn't for the old chevy I would not have bought the GMC...The old man got me in to this shit and now he can't stand me having the old stuff around...I don't understand it but oh well I am having fun...

-COS

3. Hans

Hans

I had a 1957 Chevrolet Bel-Air Wagon. Turquoise and white.
    283 w/ powerpack option.

Bought in a trailer park right near San Jose Municipal Baseball field (101, 680, 280 interchange), from the second owner, a mechanic from Courtesy Chevrolet who bought it after someone traded it in.

ABSOLUTELY BONE STOCK when I bought it in the early ninties.

Bought it for $1500...sold it 5 years later in the same condition for $7000 to someone in Santa Cruz.

What a beautiful car!

Drove the hell out of it...like most 16 year olds.

I miss her...bad!

4. RacerRick

RacerRick

I still have the 69' Dart I bought when I was 16. That was in 92'.

5. AZAV8

AZAV8
    from Tucson, AZ

Ha, ha, ha. My high school transportation was a 62 Cushman Eagle, 5 hp. I had a newspaper delivery route and we could afford the Cushman scooter but not a car. Living in Tucson, AZ I never had to worry about winter snow or really bad weather. If and when I had a date, I got to use the family car, if the folks weren't using it. The Cushman was fun, and cheap to keep in gas at $0.30 a gallon. I rode it everywhere, all over town. That was where I learned to be on the offense while driving. If I'd have been a "defensive" driver, I would have never made it out of high school. I started riding it at 14 because back in the 60's AZ would let you get a motor scooter license at 14 if the scooter horsepower was 5 hp or less. Needless to say most of the kids with "scooter" licenses were riding little Hondas and Yamahas with more than 5 hp.

I don't have any pictures of my old Cushman. I wish I did. When the 48 F1 is finished, I just may get an old Cushman to restore and put in the bed. Cushman's were flatheads so the flathead Ford tricks will work.

6. alchemy

alchemy

My first car was a 15 year birthday present - a '40 Ford tudor. Built the flathead with Fenton heads and Thickstun intake and 97's. Winged Stewart Warners in the dash. Still have it 25 years later, and have never driven it yet. Other things just got in the way.

My actual driver in high school was a lowered and louvered '67 Chevelle with a powerful smallblock. Still have that too.

7. TWEKD1

TWEKD1
    from chicago

8. 48'Corp

48'Corp

My first truck was passed down to me whem my grandpa died - a 65' flatbed 1/2 ton. I never drove it legally before the engine flatlined. Had it hauled off, sold mom's 84' Celebrity and bought a 55' Chev 5 window 3/4 ton with a 327. It had no windows on either side, none of the gagues worked, had to always knock on the gas tank, wipers didn't work, but hell it got me to and from HS. Plus living in San Diego it never rained and windows were down anyways. Ended up swapping that for a 67' Chevy II coupe.

9. Didnt have what I wanted, a Deuce 5 window or a 41 Willys. What I did have was a 67 Cougar that I bought when I was 14. Almost sold it once, but since I havent even thought about letting it go. Havent driven it since 1987, and it sat in the shed at the farm until last summer.

Its going back together now because I have the time and a little bit of money for it. Not a resto, more of a cruiser with a decent amount of power. Gettin a 351C I built last year for it, and keeping the 3.00 geared 8". Everything but the machine work on the engine is being done in my shop by my two hands. Nobody is touching it but me.. :)

Yeah I know its not pre 49, and not a custom.. but its mine.

Attached Files:

10. flathead48

flathead48

Heres a pic of my 48' Ford Tudor I drove to highschool..........I graduated last year.

Attached Files:

11. Here's mine in 1960, just before I graduated. 3/4 flattie with many block cracks (a 59L, too, what a waste) as I refused to run a fan, 25 tooth Zephyrs, porta walls, Fiestas, Buick Titian Red with silver naugahyde compliments of Mom, what a woman. Sold it for $550. to Fred Sorenson, Dixon, CA, now famous for his 60s Gasser "Warlock." He painted it black, put a 270 Dodge in it and I recall had Tony Nancy do the upholstery. Anybody know where it is?

Attached Files:

12. 50Fraud

50Fraud

I love '34 Victorias, and yours is probably the best looking one I've ever seen. It's even better that you've had it for 45 years!

13. kaydub

kaydub
    from Cali

Drove at 69' RS Camaro to Arcadia High from (90'-93')
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. kaydub

kaydub
    from Cali

and yeah, it isn't a RS/Z-28! got rid of those emblems pretty quick...

15. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

My highschool years started in 1959,I built 28 "A" roadster"bobtail with my 57 Ford Y-block,over the years I had to sell off some of the parts,but now trying to rebuild it again,I'll try and add a photo of it.
    Got one part driving me nuts finding,
    I'm looking for drivers side"Left" rear quarter 28 "A" roadster,only part left to fin my rod's body,in any shape!I'll fix it just need something to work with!

Attached Files:

16. 72sst

72sst

My high school hot rod was a 00 honda tuner..........................just kidding.I graduated in 83 and I had a 1970 Javelin with a 6 cyl.

17. customfalcon63

customfalcon63

Heres mine, i just graduated like 2 weeks ago haha
    [​IMG]

18. There is no Highschools in DK, we go by another system... But here is some pics of my first car, a '66 Volvo 121 Amazon fordor. Busted about a year after I got it...

Attached Files:

19. Uhm, those were the days!... Gave it a set of wider steelwheels from a Ford (shares the 5x4½ boltcircle), another airfilter, and... WAM! It was over...

But got a '63 af same model, so I'm not done driving old Volvo... It'll just never bee the same again!

A tip to other youngsters: Buy your first car, drive it for a year, and then put it away! The guys, I know, who still owns their first car, do not go around sighing and saying 'If only I had done things differently...' everytime a car, like your first one, drives by, like the guys, who sold/busted/scraped their first... There is nothing like a mothers love, and there is nothing like your love for your first motorcar...

20. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

first car was a light green 1968 oddge Charger with a 318 in it..still a fun car and was still a fast car..wish i never sold it..it was bone stock and would be worth some money today..i have a clone of it now but its a 440 car that is aztec gold..still nice

21. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

cant spell Dodge ..so look out!

22. MBTex

MBTex

My First Car 1972 Skylark

Attached Files:

23. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

My first car was a 47 Plymouth 4door sedan, sold it when I went in the USCG, bought it back 2 years later, sold it again and tried for 15 years to get it back but lost track of the guy who bought it.
    My son's high school car is in my driveway, a 57 Chevrolet BelAir 2door sedan, 327, 350 turbo, 74 Nova rear. Needs some love and attention.

24. oldmule

oldmule
    from Colorado

I had a 78 Z-28. That wasn't too cool, but the engine was.
    Small journal 327 w/ 12.5:1 dome tops, 62 or 64 CC heads off a 350hp Vette, and the three deuces from the 60s. I liked the old stuff, but didn't have access to it at the time...... It did 14s at 5000'
    [​IMG]

25. Lil' Billy

Lil' Billy
    from Georgia

I thought this was the I drove a hot rod to high school thread, not the I drove a muscle car to high school thread. Lmao. Regardless I drove a 69 camaro. But it's far from a hot rod.

26. falconizer_62

falconizer_62

that is sweet. what were you running in there?

27. falconizer_62

falconizer_62

here's mine. i bought it in 1984 for $800. the motor mounts were hardware store threaded rod screwed into the block, bent and jam nutted to the frame bracket. mcdonald's and lawn mowing funded it.
    i sold it to my ex-brother in laws best friend and they took it to the desert and shot it up with a shotgun and reported it stolen and tried to scam the insurance company. the problem was, he didn't wait for the title to clear the dmv and the cops who found it called me.
    BUSTED!!!
    [​IMG]

28. KutThrtKustms

KutThrtKustms
    BANNED
    from SO.CAL.

I was just going to say that!!

In 91'-95' I drove a 28' Ford Tudor Sedan, with a Buick Nail Head and 3 94's...full fendered w/ 32' grill and was plenty fast. Sold it to put down money for my house...still talk to the guy who bought it and might get it back some day:)

29. My freshman/sophomore car - '69 Malibu, got it in '74 when I was 14. Had a weak 307 2bbl but I put on headers and Cragars and 60 series.

[​IMG]

Junior/Senior car: When I was 17 I traded the Chevelle for this '67 LeMans. Instead of the stock 326 this had a 428 SD tripower from a Gran Prix & a M21.

[​IMG]

30. KutThrtKustms

KutThrtKustms
    BANNED
    from SO.CAL.

Keyword: HOTROD

Not: muscle car:(