Register now to get rid of these ads!

History High School HAMB worthy year book photo.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by anthony myrick, Aug 19, 2020.

1. would like to see year book or pics of high school rides.
    Found this pic. It’s my campaign truck for SGA president. I won, mostly cause of the truck.
    3E11F66B-4FBD-4904-B9A9-3A0B7A9E4EEB.jpeg
    1988 year book photo.
    Any you guys get your ride in the school year book?

Last edited: Aug 21, 2020
    wraymen, blowby, R A Wrench and 16 others like this.
  2. Cool truck. Congrats on being Student Government pres. You had more hair back then!:D;)

Stogy, OLSKOOL57 and anthony myrick like this.
  3. ^^Love it. That’s right from a John Hughes movie. Question is, were you harassing or helping Molly Ringwald?

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

4. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A real man. Cool

Stogy likes this.

5. That's pretty cool. And, seems we were in high school about the same time. As far as getting my ride in the yearbook, I went to a pretty preppy high school in a town where kids were driving new BMW's and even a couple Porches. I think there may have been a total of 3 or 4 cool old cars at school and we weren't part of the "in" crowd so didn't end up in any yearbook pics. :rolleyes:

6. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yep this picture full page in my 1975 senior yearbook: F5D37084-A380-494C-ACB4-1A20031A0623.jpeg

Last edited: Aug 20, 2020
  7. I married a red head. So possibly both

WalkerMD, Stogy, 427 sleeper and 4 others like this.
  8. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Who is Dora? (From "Dora needs me" on the lower right rear fender)

Stogy likes this.
  9. Its a high school

Stogy likes this.
  10. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

So not the redhead you married.

WalkerMD and Stogy like this.
  11. Sure.

Stogy likes this.
  12. Shawn Wildman

Shawn Wildman

Cool pic.

I hope there aren't any pics of me with my first truck anywhere, not even an old yearbook. It was a 1987 Isuzu Pickup. It was nicknamed the "It-screws-you" pickup for many good reasons.

Stogy and 31hotrodguy like this.
  13. A friend of mine claims he backed up a front engine dragster to his high schools front doors and filled up the school with tire smoke doing a burnout.
    That’s the pics I would like to see

Stogy and guthriesmith like this.
  14. SGA pres was a cool gig
    had an hour planning period in the morning so basically I got to school an hour later than everyone else
    I was in charge of the sign at school, I was handed a thesaurus the first week due to spelling issues.
    Had access to the copier, worked out great for homework
    I gave the introductory speech at the start of the school year. The principal asked me to make sure I dressed nice, so I wore a brand new pair of overalls and a Hawaiian shirt.

15. Yearbooks.......Yikes!! I was one of those who left home after high school and never really had a place big enough to stash anything for a number of years. I shared a place with my brother for a while and had to leave a few things there, including my yearbooks, when he became a babydaddy and got married. My sister-in-law moved my stuff into the unheated laundry shed and whatever didn't rust, mildewed. Bye-bye yearbooks.

Stogy likes this.
  16. At my high school, the guys who had hot rods were not likely to be featured in the yearbook.

clem, pirate, X-cpe and 4 others like this.
  17. Last edited: Feb 9, 2021
    Stogy likes this.
  18. Deuces

Deuces

Wait! Don't tell me... The gals didn't like it.... o_O;)

Stogy and 427 sleeper like this.
  19. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

Didn’t make it into the year book, but this was our auto shop display for a art show

Attached Files:

Deuces, jnaki, 51504bat and 4 others like this.
  20. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Bet he only did that once...hoodlum...:rolleyes:

Anthony was Hamb Friendly in 88 already...good man...Did you sell it to @Chris...:)

Last edited: Aug 21, 2020
  21. Nope.
    That truck suffered the same fate that many young builders cause. Big plans with tiny wallets and lack of skills.
    I still have the back window glass.

22. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2020-9-5_4-10-16.png
    Hello,

Nice photo of those cool high school years. That is an honor to get a photo in the yearbook. At our old high school, only those people that were on the yearbook staff had the ability to get a hot rod/car photo in the yearbook. Then only if the hot rod or daily driver car was in the annual car show. If so, then a short blurb about the car show and a photo or two was allowed in the yearbook. Yes, I tried to get my 58 Impala in the yearbook, as well as my 1940 Ford Sedan Delivery, but was laughed out of the door to the yearbook work room.

But a month or two before the yearbook came out, a friend on the school newspaper decided that she would like to see my Impala in the school newspaper and set up a photo shoot during the auto shop period. It was still on campus and between the shops buildings. So, it was a school activity.
    upload_2020-9-5_4-11-27.png
    The bad thing was, the newspaper staff sent a “cub reporter” and he had clay in his ears. He only wrote down what he wanted to write and not the actual facts. A set of Pontiac mufflers, a B&M hydro, and magnesium wheels? Where was that information coming from during the photo shoot? Standard Chevy rims with 1959 Impala small hubcaps and beauty trim rings was more like it… no way did it look like magnesium wheels…geez…

Jnaki

Heck, I even ran for senior class vice president as a win would have put me in the front row of the graduation ceremony with the other student government kids. Ha! (for some strange reason, my name was left off of the ballot…that caused a ruckus…) But, I was there anyway, since my marching partner was already in student government. That made tons of hoots and whistles being in the first group to walk across the stage in the Long Beach Municipal Auditorium. We were the last high school class to graduate in the auditorium, as the next classes would use the new Sports Arena next door.

Being in the yearbook would have been impressive. As the photos are super clear and preserved for eternity. So, congrats… But, for the last two months of the graduation year, we all got a laugh at the crazy story in the last newspaper of the 1962 senior year.

As far as the photos are concerned, newspaper photos corrode over time, even if the paper is stored in between sheets of clean white art paper. A yearbook photo? They last forever, so, do the memories.
    upload_2020-9-5_4-16-5.png A yearbook photo with number 88 front and center ! ! !

BrerHair and anthony myrick like this.
  23. blue 49

blue 49
    from Iowa

LPCHS.jpg

This is from my 1st year of high school. I wasn't driving yet and wasn't involved in this snowball fight.

Gary

Stogy and anthony myrick like this.
  24. grumpy65

grumpy65

Not part of the "in" crowd? You have got to be joking...............:confused:
    The "in" crowd was small. You most definately were part of it. You just didn't realize it at the time...;)

hotrodjack33 likes this.
  25. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

High school was more like a job. I was good at it, had a lot of fun and did very well, but my life really started at 3:15 each day. Never bought a yearbook...don't think I ever even looked at one. Just seemed like a lot of useless fluff to me.

blowby likes this.
  26. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Great photo.

My yearbook's photo pages were also devoted to government, artists, athletes.. Greaseball hotrodder photos could be found at the local police station. ;)

TrailerTrashToo likes this.
  27. onetrickpony

onetrickpony
    from Texas

Auto shop class, 1973
    school-pic (2).jpg

anthony myrick likes this.