Register now to get rid of these ads!

High School cars, who's got em'

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jakespeed63, Dec 4, 2005.

1. Ford Fairlane

Ford Fairlane

I've own this since before high school, saved my money working at my dads shop. Still have it.
    Very early Mustang, 289 .030 over, big Isky solid lift cam, Offy dual four intake with two 500 cfm Carter AFBs Heddman Headers, Toploader 4 speed McCloud clutch assm., 58 Ford 9 inch rear with 4:11s and a Traclok. And the wheels I always wanted in high school, Centerline Autodrags big and littles in satin. It took me a long time to be able to afford those wheels. Oh how times change!
    [​IMG]

2. Terraizer

Terraizer

I still got my Scout that i got when i was 14, lots of summers of bucking hay and mowing lawns to get it, got my Lic in it, I don't drive it as much as i should but do from time to time still, and don't plan on ever getting rid of it. My Dad still has his highschool car a 1967 Barracuda that he bought in 1971.

3. johnnylonghair

johnnylonghair

Still have mine from 1981. Its a 70 pontiac tempest , needs to be redone. another project for me and bonehead, right clark...

4. Ken P

Ken P

I still have my 55 Willys Jeep station wagon that I drove in HS and learned to drive on at 9 years old. It was my first attempt at restoration and I made some mistakes. It needs to come completely back apart and be started over again. It is parked under my deck and has 85 miles on it.

Attached Files:

5. TT66'

TT66'

I still have my 67' Firebird. I graduated in 84' and it was last plated in 86'. I have been restoring it the last few years and my intentions are it will be finished when my daughter starts driving. Which is about 5 years down the road.

6. StrickV8

StrickV8

I still have my 53 Merc I got when I was 15. The year was 1986. It is close to being finished. Can't wait to see if my wife will crawl in the back seat with me like "Michelle" did some 20 years ago.

7. The Coupe I'm rebuilding I drove to high school and picked up my "now" wife in grade 10 back in the early 80's, it was a 440 2x4bbl with N50s on the back way back then. Here's a pic of it from the early 80's the way I used to drive it......

[​IMG]

8. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

I bought my 40 coupe in 1983 when I was 13. I never got it running while in HS. I did all the brake work, etc on the bare chassis in my HS auto shop class. I had it on the road by the time i was 20, i'm 36 now. After this long,I don't think I'll ever part with it...
    I also had a 66 Mustang V-8 stick car. Went like hell...sure wish I still had that too.

Attached Files:

9. sorry but no
    i was in to much trouble in hs and was not allowed to get dl until i was 20... aug 76

now the crashed cars i drove while in high school
    hmmmmm i do not have..
    paperdog

10. Cshabang

Cshabang

still got my 65 Comet..I never drove it, but I was building it... over 11 years now...graduated in 97... My dad also has the 73 Comet he bought new his senior year...and the 65 Comet 404 Wagon my grandfather bought new in 65...

[​IMG]

11. 37CoupeE

37CoupeE

I still have my 1950 Studebaker Starlight Coupe that I purchased in 1970 from a salvage yard in Berry Lake, Wisconsin.
    I saw this car in my sophmore year in the salvage yard and had to have it.
    The purchase price was $50.00 and my dad and I brought it home on a trailer.
    We rebuilt the car and my dad painted it for me.
    Drove it my senior year in high school.
    Drove it to my 25 year reunion and surprised most of my past classmates.
    It is in storage in my garage now until I can re-due it again.

12. I still have mine!! My father paid $100.00 for it when I was 14 years old in 1980. We then restored it together and I've had it ever since. It started out with a 390 and a toploader 4 speed. Now it has a 427 and a C-4. I street raced it a bunch back then and it ran 13.50s on street tires. Now it runs 9.50s and doesn't see the street anymore.

The first photo is from Expo '85 at National Trail Dragway in Ohio. The second is how the car looks currently.

I'll never get rid of it. I want my son, who is 13 now to drive it some day. My father and I just bought a '65 Mustang for my son. It will be his first car and we will restore together. I hope he keeps it forever like I will do with mine!!

Attached Files:

13. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Forst pic is when I first bought it on 74. second is now. That is if i can figure out this picture posting thing.

Attached Files:

14. Machobuck

Machobuck

Great thred!
    I'm still in highschool,not driving yet but should be soon. I have a little falcon. Should be a fun car to cruze around in,maby pick up a few chicks...whatever

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. I still have my 80 Camaro I bought in 84 when I was 16 with paper route and dish washer money. 3 months after graduating in 86 I bought my 56 Chevy 210 2dr hdtp, both keepers

16. rixrex

rixrex

I still have a 64 Riviera I bought in 1978, that wasn't high school for me, but just a long freakin time to own and drive a car. it started out silver and I've painted it black twice and rebuilt the engine once..now its a bored out 425 with Kenne-Bell stuff in the engine and sitting in primer..those nailhead Buicks will pull from 60 to 130 like nothing you've ever been in.....

17. DirtyTace

DirtyTace

I've owned this '65 Impala SS since 1988 when I was a Junior in H.S. Many memories had in this one. I've been tempted to sell it several times but I never could go through with it.

It's pretty much all stock except for usual High School upgrades such as cam, headers, intake and the requisite Kenwood tape deck and 6 x 9's in the package shelf.

My wife thinks it's ugly but she never saw it in its prime.

Attached Files:

18. retro54

retro54
    from PA

My first car and high school daily driver would be my 1954 chevy... bought it when i was 17, have had it for 8 years, had 48,000 original miles on it when I got it, and now has 74,000 on the OD...

ok, I graduated in 2000 but I had the oldest daily driver in a parking lot of a 1200 student highschool, and it sure stuck out from all the caveliers, tempos and corsicas... :)

my youngest bro kept up the tradition with his 65' mustang..

Attached Files:

19. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

I had a lot of diffrent cars during H.S. but the school bus was my main ride to school most of the time.Here,s some of them 55 chev.210,53 ford truck with 350 chev,67 plym.belvedere 2 v8mavricks 2 vega,s v8 monza, 73 nova,69 Impala ,2 66 impalas,63 4 dr impala,64 buick special,68 and 72 ford truck. 69 and 72 dodge dart,and a 67 lemanze I drove a 72 chevelle mostly though. most of these were pretty decent and I had less than $500 in most of them. I only had one at a time most of the time as I traded a lot back then. That was in the 80,s

20. lewislynn

lewislynn

My first car (1963) was a 52 Pontiac hardtop with a straight eight. It had a light in the indian head hood ornament. Everything in it was chrome and everything in it rattled too.

In those days a 10 yr old car was an old car but still, I wish I still had every piece of shit I've ever owned and I also wish I still owned every house I ever bought or built.

21. lewislynn

lewislynn

I remember from the 60's a Comet Caliente with a 427 from the factory.

22. lewislynn

lewislynn

Make your own wide whites with Krylon, almost TECH

In the late 50's my older brother had a "shoebox" (I learned just today what that is) with what he called "Mickey Mouse" white walls. They were actually wide white rubber rings that mounted to the wheel between the rim and the (tube) tire bead.

23. Mondo454

Mondo454

My dad bought his 57 Bel Air in 1962 for his senior year. We finished restoring it last year before he died:

Attached Files:

24. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

I had a 1954 Ford Customline my senior year 1963,painted flat black primer,baby moons and dual Smittys.:cool: So a few months back I found another '54 that needs a lot of TLC, so my goal is to drive it back to my 45th reunion,it has a 302 Ford & AOD trans in it now.I guess when I paint it John Deere Blitz black and do the baby moon thing I'll be accused of having a "Rat Rod":p Now if I could only sell some of the goods in the H.A.M.B. for sale adds:rolleyes: I could shift into high gear on this project!

25. frankenford

frankenford

I got a fifty-one ford, and I'm still in high school. Does that count?

26. thrasher

thrasher

i'm just a year out of high school and i have no intentions of selling my 57 chevy truck. i am planning on adding more to my car collection though.

27. SinisterSpeed

SinisterSpeed
    from Reno, NV

Here are a couple of pics of my first hot rod that I built my senior year of high school before I graduated this past June (I just turned 19). Life was great, this whole year was about cars..working till 2 in the morning on school nights, drilling out wishbones, brakes, and wrenching on the car in my metal shop class, and most importantly, leaving school doing huge 3 gear smokey burnouts down the entire street- the look on the Vice Principal's face was priceless haha!! The one pic is with my Gramps and I the day I brought the cars home, and the other is my first and by far the coolest trophy I have ever won in my life with the car at Billetproof!! Oh yeah, can't forget my high school parking permet on the windshield..love that thing:)

Attached Files:

28. THATS what its all about!

I just turned 18, still in HS, heres my daily. Im famous at school from my car...literally.

I go to auto shop everyday for half the day (at the other side of the parish) First day I went there, everyone saw me and my car, when I left that day I hauled ass out the feild and onto the highway, slung mud everywhere. Everyone knew what was up then hahahaha. Heres my car, got it when I turned 16. Carries me and my 2 buds to school every mornin.:cool:
    [​IMG]

29. 38fordcoupe

38fordcoupe

I bought my 38 ford std. coupe in Aug. of 1966. $450.00 plus a broken down '29 2door sedan. Was garaged and torn down for about 12 years while I served Uncle Sam , got married , kids , played with Jeeps. Got back on the road in '95 and still driving it . Needs to be torn down again.

30. Man', I forgot all about starting this post. Since over a year has passed, I struggle daily with selling it or keeping it. The price of genuine muscle cars is going off the hook, and a '69 Nova SS could be a nice down payment on a house. (still living in apartment w/1 car garage)
    ...on top of that, my tastes have changed (thank you HAMB) and I really want to start my '64 Starfire convertable project. Think early 60's slammed and scalloped, with red leather and leopard skin interior.
    JT