Register now to get rid of these ads!

high school auto shop essay can you guys help me out

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gasjockey101, Mar 15, 2011.

1. gasjockey101

gasjockey101

hi im doing an essay for my high school auto class the topic is tubro charging a 350 chevy but i cant find any info in the internet that shows on how to do so can any one help me it would be vary apreceated

2. HemiRambler

HemiRambler

Look up turbo charging - and then determine how'd you'd employ it on your SBC - you could contrast modern vs old school adaptations. Then do a search right here - there was recently a FED guy turbo charging his SBC - twins - it was way cool!

3. AllSteel36

AllSteel36
    from California

Google not working up north?

4. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

I got a kit for one, It pulls threw the carb then through the turbo ontop of the pass exaust manifold, then a 3" long pipe to under the carb. Its kinda weird. i got it on a jeep but i took it off because it was a little much.

41rodderz likes this.

5. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I think Enginemasters or Car Craft has had at least one article on the subject lately. If you can get to a book store like Borders or Barnes and Nobel or what ever they have up there you might be able to find a couple of books on the subject. Sit over in a quite corner and make some notes. Any book on turbocharging gasoline powered cars will give you the basics and then you will have to get sbc specific from there.

6. I'm trying to paint a picture in my mind.
    You say it pulls through the carb, then to the turbo intake, I presume, and then exits the turbo and goes under the carb?!?!?!. That's a closed loop. It cannot work. Where does the fresh air come from? You can't suck and blow (though some hookers may disagree) at the same time. One negates the other.

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  7. punkabilly1306

punkabilly1306
    from ohio

I'm still trying to piece together everyones' spelling

8. ewob53

ewob53
    from Minnesota

I'm still trying to get my mind around having to write an essay for auto shop....wow

9. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

10. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

broad question gets a broad answer. what are the goals of the engine? mild street, racing, etc? pull through or blow through? That is, will the fuel metering device be in front of (pull through) or behind (blow through / pressurized ) the turbo. one big turbo or two small ones (Hot Rod had a 57 Chevy feature car with EIGHT turbos) smaller turbos spool up faster (come up to speed to pressurize the intake charge. single turbo is easier to package. be sure to discuss turbo lag. thats the delay in time while the turbo comes up to speed before the effect of a pressurized air/fuel charge is "felt" tuning is important, low compression forged pistons for any serious performance work. aux oil coolers for the extra heat from lube oil coming out of the turbo. wastegates. alcohol and/or water injection to counteract detonation. intercoolers. much turbo technology was pioneered by high performance piston fighter aircraft for WW2.

11. Noland

Noland

Thats what I was wondering we had one test, it was on tools and saftey you would be suprised how many didnt know the difference between a 1/4" and a 3/8" ratchet and still took the class

12. gasjockey101

gasjockey101

yes i just whant to get as much info as possible and strech the essay as much as possible becouse it has to be 3 pages long and there is no way im going to be able to strech out this easay with the breef junk thats people put on the web also i can dubble check from the info on here and the stuff on the rest of the web

13. iammarvin

iammarvin
    BANNED
    from Tulare, Ca

I think I could make up 3 pages. Then lie a little to get 4 pages.....extra credit ;).

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  14. gasjockey101

gasjockey101

15. gasjockey101

gasjockey101

thank you sooo much for all the info but now im never going to get any thing done on the eassy cus i just had to look up the 57 chevy and now im drooling over it lol :)

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  16. Bee shure two uze spel chek wen yew right your easay

17. AllSteel36

AllSteel36
    from California

Ahhhhh...finally someone who knows how to use "your" correctly!

southerncad likes this.
  18. Rats!! I accidentally spelled it correctly.
    Eye'll trie hardor nest tyme:p

I am, constantly, appalled at the grammar and spelling that I see all over the web. Public education and their lowering of the bar are, mostly, to blame. Money vs. Education. Money wins every time. Pad those test scores to get more Gubment funds.
    No offense to the 90% who claim to have ADD, dyslexia or some other "disease"

19. Well put. And I thought the Canadians were supposed to be smoking US kids in test scores. (Oops, started that sentence with a preposition didn't I :rolleyes:)

Writing an essay for a high school auto shop class seems, well, really weird. Hell, I don't remember having to write any papers for the advanced internal combustion engines course I took during my senior year of mechanical engineering.

To the OP: Good Luck and Stay in School!!!!

20. gasjockey101

gasjockey101

21. cuda48

cuda48

I teach Auto here in Palo Alto CA. Yes, we even write essays in Auto. We also do some math, some science and even some spelling/vocab. Auto ends up being more than just cars...it's about life, ethics, attitude, common sense, how to be successful what ever you choose to do with your life. Enjoying the satisfaction of building or fixing something with your own 2 hands is like the frosting on the cake.

Today's kids are different. Too many I phones and computer games. Just try to keep their attention...almost impossible. Some of them get it though. Those are the ones that keep me going.

We play hard with cars here.
    www.gunnautotech.com

Mike
    Instructor
    Gunn Auto

22. Me taked dee eblyn wudhed spead a reedin ana a rittin corz. me reddin ana a rittin haz eempruvd dremattikilee. compreehensheen iz up 2

rbrewer likes this.
  23. You Tube Son.

X-cpe likes this.
  24. JoJo O.

JoJo O.

I almost pissed myself when i read this one! :D:D

25. iamspencer

iamspencer

26. Not trying to knock you kid. But I would suggest spell checking EVERYTHING you post on here. We all slip up on the keyboard, but damn.

27. ClarkL likes this.
  28. ClarkL

ClarkL

As much as I disliked writing essays in college, and to be honest, I generally disliked all kinds of academic writing, I think you need some help. I am personally annoyed by the requirements professors give to this kind of works, it seems to me that they make everything very complicated. I was a lazy student and just turned to a narrative essay writing service Paperell to order my papers there. I also followed the requirements that Miami university at miamioh gives regarding narrative essays as I followed them. It's easier when requirements are not that strict.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
  29. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

I wonder if he graduated? What grade did we get? :D

guthriesmith and lothiandon1940 like this.
  30. chopped

chopped

After all this time he probably finished collage, got married and has two kids.

loudbang and guthriesmith like this.