Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects High Noon Speed Shop Rolls Out It's New 32 Coupe!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 32 Spitfire, Feb 8, 2014.

1. Super Streak

Super Streak
    from Florida

Nice car, great choice of power. I get tried of the cookie cutter sbc powered cars. Good to see some thing different.

2. luckythirteenagogo

luckythirteenagogo
    from Selma, NC

I love the look of this car. It just looks mean

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. Nice job. Looks great!

4. AHotRod

AHotRod

Very well done!

5. 32 Spitfire

32 Spitfire

Thanks everyone!!

As I said earlier we were trying to keep to "less is best" approach on this old school coupe. Our very good friend Paul Hinkley who custom built the classic guitar to match the car lightly sandblasted the bridge on guitar to tone it down as well. He did this all on his own and many other subtle things that make it very special. Thanks Paul!

[​IMG]

Todd (32 Spitfire)

High Noon Speed Shop

Hotrodmyk likes this.
  6. 32 Spitfire

32 Spitfire

I was lucky with the tip from my good friend Frank Wallic who made my bomber seats to pick up these late 30's Dodge teardrop taillights. I completely restored them and made the custom brackets in our shop. Then I was very lucky once again to find an old pair of Lynx Eye Blue Dot glass lenses to go in them!

Todd- 32 Spitfire

High Noon speed Shop

[​IMG]

Hotrodmyk likes this.
  7. 32 Spitfire

32 Spitfire

I guess it's just fitting to have a Dodge Red Ram up front and Dodge teardrop taillights in the rear!

Todd- 32 Spitfire

High Noon Speed Shop

[​IMG]

Hotrodmyk likes this.
  8. That's pretty slick!

9. Me Likey. Nice piece of work!

10. 32 Spitfire

32 Spitfire

Thanks mctim64 & woody 29 dodge!

Two years of very hard work......we did almost all of it here after Pat and Zach completed the frame and chop. To think back I was porting the hemi heads outside when we were setting heat records here in Ohio at over 100 degrees and worked through two cold winters including this one!

I will upload a few more photos soon.

Todd-32 Spitfire
    High Noon Speed Shop

11. The guitar is kick ass!

12. tbcworks.com

tbcworks.com
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nice build!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

13. Coolness dude!

14. 32 Spitfire

32 Spitfire

Hi Sacramento Speed Shop,

Thanks for the compliment on the vintage style guitar!

Paul Hinkley "The Unit" who I mentioned on the first page of this thread is the gifted guitar builder and who was kind enough to build this one for me. I call him "The Unit" because he can do it all including all type of metal work, welding, painting, electrical and he even stopped in and helped on the coupes roll bar! Paul is one very gifted guy and was kind enough to help on this project when needed. Here is a photo of Paul and a vintage style guitar he built with select curly maple wood.

Todd-32 Spitfire
    High Noon Speed Shop

[​IMG]

Hotrodmyk likes this.
  15. nolly

nolly

Jolly nice rod,Todd!! You should congratulate yourselves with a drink & a meal!!;)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

16. 32 Spitfire

32 Spitfire

Hey nolly,

Thanks & what a splendid idea! That Spitfire brew looks really good too....

Time for another photo as I finally got around to uploading a few more. This is the cockpit featuring the Classic Instrument bomber gauges and a working WWII compass on the right. I use a compass in my modern pickup truck all the time and thought one in here as I travel would be handy too. Then on the top left is a WWII Bulova eight day clock fully restored. It has no electric bulb but the numbers and two arms are easy lit by applying the flashlight before leaving in the evening and it seems to last a long time. Then on the far right is another WWII volt gauge restored by the talented crew at Classic Instruments. In the center is an old brass and jeweled red glass interior light and on each far side are two vintage red turning indicator lights. These lamps were all restored by Classic Instruments too.

I'm not sure how I'm going to finish off the interior at this time but plan on a few things later on once I catch my breath.

Cheers!

Todd -32 Spitfire
    High Noon Speed Shop

[​IMG]

Hotrodmyk likes this.
  17. 32 Spitfire

32 Spitfire

Here is another view of the cockpit through the narrow rear window showing the instruments mentioned above. We did all the wiring here in the shop. This time around I used a small S. Cal. Speed Shop fuse panel and ran our wiring from it. Again Doug was the engineer on the wiring, laying each part out for me then I would finish in the evenings. (Many evenings!) This coupe has just the basics and it's still amazing how many wires you end up with. I would hate to imagine how many feet of wiring are in a new car. We did use Ron Francis turn and emergency signal switches. They are the ticket!

Thanks again!

Todd-32 Spitfire
    High Noon Speed Shop

[​IMG]

Hotrodmyk likes this.
  18. 32 Spitfire

32 Spitfire

If your interested in the Dodge Red Ram "Baby Hemi" engine build you can look on this thread that Jeff Norwell started recently. I have put a few photos of this particular engine build on it and will eventually add them here as well . It's turning into a really informative thread on these engines. Thanks Jeff.

You can find it here:http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=865465&highlight=32+spitfire

Todd-32 Spitfire
    High Noon Speed Shop
    [​IMG]

Hotrodmyk likes this.
  19. 32 Spitfire

32 Spitfire

Here is a photo of the exhaust side pipes. Zack at Thunder Road Rods & Custom (phone number at the beginning of this thread) did these for me when he built the 32 frame. This was only the second set he had ever done and I really like the looks. By coming out the side of the frame it eliminates running the exhaust completely over the axle and on but it also creates another little challenge of having enough room for the piping and glass pack or muffler. We used a very short Cherry Bomb glass pack and it all worked out very nice. How does it sound...well the group here last evening jumped and looked a little startled when I fired the coupe up but really loved it at idle and under normal power! Thanks again Zack & Pat!!

Some of our engine Dodge Red Ram build: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=865465&highlight=32+spitfire

Todd-32 Spitfire
    High Noon Speed Shop
    [​IMG]

20. 32 Spitfire

32 Spitfire

A couple views from the trunk. The custom roll bar was designed and built by Doug Frautschy and Paul Hinkley. They did a very nice job tucking it in and out of the way. The center horizontal bar allows the 1957 military shoulder straps a place to pivot over. The old ammo cans were restored and converted, one to hold the battery and the other a portable air pump and tools. Frank Wallic provided some cool Bonneville tags for the latches. The old Navy First Aid Kit has unfortunately already been put to use several times! To add a little interior bling a completely restored brass fire extinguisher was bolted down in the center.

Todd-32 Spitfire
    High Noon Speed Shop

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. 32 Spitfire

32 Spitfire

...and best of all... room for the custom built vintage semi-hollow body electric guitar which will make my good friend Doug very happy when we hit the road!

Todd-32 Spitfire
    High Noon Speed Shop

[​IMG]

22. Deuce Hauler

Deuce Hauler
    from Cali

Great job on the coupe. I wonder if you can explain and/or show how you modified original '40 Ford brakes to work with GM disc brakes as mentioned in the Street Rodder feature. I hate the look of the SoCal-style fake '40 brakes. Thanks.

23. 333 Half Evil

333 Half Evil

Very sweet guitar...the coupe is nice too!!! I must say, you keep very good company!!!