Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

High(er) stall toruses for early hydramatic trannies

Discussion in 'Parts For Sale' started by Blownolds, Aug 29, 2016.

1. Blownolds

Blownolds
    from So Cal

City: Big Bear Lake

State: California
    Price: 20-35
    Selling off the last of my hard-to-acquire smaller-diameter (10-1/2" Chevy and 11-1/4" GMC) toruses for the early Single- and Dual-range Hydramatic transmissions, this time with a lower price:

--10-1/2", the smallest diameter, used in Chevrolet trucks but can be used on the other models for higher stall... only have half of a torus for this size. If you have a Chevy engine with stock Chevy flywheel, then you must use an 18-bolt torus bowl and I believe that necessitates this 10-1/2" size here. $20 for this single half
    --11-1/4", the next smallest diameter, still considerably smaller than what Olds/Pont/Cad/etc. came with... this size came in GMC trucks (at least 6-cyl trucks). Can be used on engines other than Chevy, or to simplify... if you have more than 18 bolts on your torus bowl-to-flywheel pattern, then you should be able to use this size to get higher stall than the stock large toruses found on most passenger models (Oldsmobile/Pont/Cad/etc.). I have two pairs of 11-1/4" toruses (that's one "driving" half and one "driven" half for each pair). $35/pair

If you are planning on running a B&M hydro behind something like Chrysler hemi, Ford FE, etc. then I suspect all these would be useable with those applications... IF you can get the flywheel and bellhousing adapter for those (I did once own some hemi flywheels that took the larger 30-bolt torus bowl).
    These toruses have some rust and should be molasses dipped. They are bone stock, not modified.
    Would sell all 5 torus halves listed here for $75 as a package deal, if someone wanted to do it all in one shot. Might be a great time to stock up, these smaller truck toruses are quite hard to acquire.
    Add shipping costs from California. I can only ship to the Continental 48 USA due to weight. Be prepared for some significant shipping costs on this steel! (but still less money than burning gas driving around trying to find locally).

If interested in purchasing, please e-mail me direct at [email protected] instead of PM'ing me, thanks!