Register now to get rid of these ads!

High Centered in Hollywood ....Need Help finding parts!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TheGreat Conspiracy, Feb 28, 2004.

1. TheGreat Conspiracy

TheGreat Conspiracy
    from Benicia,CA

Well I finally did it. I got high centered and ripped the 7" brake Booster off the bottom of my 49' ford. I need one of those generic style seven inch brake boosters. Anyone got an idea where I can find one in the hollywood/Los Angeles area? Also somebody told me the one I need is the same as a 76-87 chevette....But, the chain parts stores dont stock them. Any ideas? I'm 350 miles from home and stuck in a hotel so I want to get one faster than mail order.

Thanks,
    Bill

2. thirtytwo

thirtytwo

i used one in my 55 chev is was out of a chevette, so i imagine most them things have been scrapped you might try a wreking yard though ,im sure you already tried pick and pull , but a lot of the private ones have more stuff cause there prices are to cheap, last resort you could run with out the booster to get you home, is there a way you can bend whats left of the canister back and mot the master back on it or maybe borrow a drill and mount master direct?

3. TheGreat Conspiracy

TheGreat Conspiracy
    from Benicia,CA

Thanx, I can't run without it because it has the rod atached to it with an extension up to the pedal. It is so smashed that it sits at a 45 degree angle now. If I try and bend it back it will probably just break in half. I am going to try and find some independent parts shops tomorrow, they might have one in stock. I'm just not sure where to look....

4. Mutt

Mutt

Try this place;

Karps power brakes
    66 N. Central ave
    Upland Ca.
    909-985-0800
    http://www.resleeve.com/

I'm assuming you have a Midland remote booster - they list them. Closest I could find to you.

Mutt

5. thirtytwo

thirtytwo

is it from j-m enterprises by chance?

6. Bill: Don't know if there is anything we can do at our end for you like finding one and sending it to you, if so let me know. I would think with all the rod shops down there you should be able to find something or what about fabbing up a new rod that would span the gap where the booster was? Sorry to hear that damn booster finally snagged something. Ted

7. TheGreat Conspiracy

TheGreat Conspiracy
    from Benicia,CA

It's not a JM one but, probably the same booster. I bought it from the late Butch's Rod Shop. it uses the 7" booster with a remote fill corvette master. thanks for the tips.
    Bill

8. TheGreat Conspiracy

TheGreat Conspiracy
    from Benicia,CA

Thanks for the offer Ted. I will find one somewhere. If nothing else I'll just get one sent fedex.

9. Bumpstick

Bumpstick

Try Semay's (NAPA) in Burbank. Don't know if they'll be open on Sunday though. Where in Hollywood are you? -stick

10. TheGreat Conspiracy

TheGreat Conspiracy
    from Benicia,CA

sunset and la cienaga...anything going on?

11. Bumpstick

Bumpstick

You're right on the strip, that's where everything is happening. Find an L.A. Weekly at Pinkdots its got listings of all the clubs etc. If you need tools or anything PM me for my number. -stick

12. brewsir

brewsir

Damn boy...can't let you out of town with that car!!!First Paso,now this...

I had a MII on a 38 chevy once...ran non boosted discs and it stopped great...maybe you should try to ditch the booster when ya get a chance!