Register now to get rid of these ads!

high build sprayable filler primer

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by v8nova64, Aug 16, 2011.

1. notrod13

notrod13
    from long beach

in my experience it sprays on as thick as you want... i fill pinholes all the time with it !

2. Be aware that Canada has very strick VOC Laws in place and getting paint across the boarder is not going to be easy. Even if it is compliant you will have to prove that it meets our laws before they will let it into the country.

3. I'd have to think about that a bit, seems like I bought 2 quarts and I still have about a half a can left., I'll try to get back with you on that.

Edit: i remember buying a gallon and later went back for the quart, I think it was about the 135.00 range for a gallon. You put it on very thick almost till it sags lol.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2011
  4. EnglishBob

EnglishBob

5. Blackmaria60

Blackmaria60

Yeah man, go to a local paint shop. If you can't find the info, they will. And they can also give recommendations as well. AND the product is right there and you can walk out th door with it! :)

6. davidbistolas

davidbistolas

Is this new? I ordered my paint from TCP Global, and I absolutely no issues.

7. uglyjesus

uglyjesus
    from Ohio

Spend the money on z-chrome well worth it.

8. uglyjesus

uglyjesus
    from Ohio

Spend the money on z-chrome, well worth the money.

9. Not mentioned yet but the high build that Kirker sells is good stuff and not very expensive. Autobodytoolmart sells Kirker. Todd

10. atomickustom

atomickustom

Go to your local O'Reilly paint store (if you have them where you live) and get their house brand urethane filler primer.
    It is great stuff. My '53 has been done for close to 10 years with plenty of driving and no problems at all. A guy down the street from me does amazing show-quality paint jobs and he uses the same exact primer and says he's never had a problem with it and never had a car bounce back to him because of it.

11. Two of your links don't work.

With all of the questions you are asking it doesn't sound like you have ever used these products before. If that is the case I would strongly suggest you buy your supplies from someone local to you so when you have issues and questions there is someone you can call or go see to help you out. Sometimes saving a few bucks will cost you more in the long run.

12. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

That is such simple but yet great advice ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

13. jay7262

jay7262

Feather Fill is a polyester based filler that uses hardener just like what u put in fiberglass resin, I hope your not putting lacquer thinner in that, Marhyde 2K makes a decent urethane primer, most of your 2K primers are going to work out good if you give them 24hrs dry time before blocking, the longer the cure time the less chance of shrinkage.

14. old me

old me
    from Iowa

Another one for z-chrome. Good stuff.

15. "T'RANTULA"

"T'RANTULA"
    from Ohio

I used Rustoleum Heavy metal primer on my ford, I used 6" foam rollers and rolled on 3 heavy coats, then blocked sanded the whole truck with 220 grit sand paper. My friend got me usin the rustoleum primer, he painted his 68 chevy truck with the rustoleum primer and then bought some acrylic enamel dupont car paint and it looked sharp!!!!!

16. X 2.

I'm in the middle of block sanding right now and have been using this for over 5 years. Very happy with the product and the end results. Usually get the paint 2 days after i order it from Autobodytoolmart...

17. Geeez a day and no replies. I guess we all thought you were going to paint the car ,not flat black R@t R*d it. Sorry could not help myself.

18. I used Advantage 2k. It sprayed nicely, and sanded out just fine.