Register now to get rid of these ads!

"hidden" people in stripes

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gearhead Graphics, Jun 30, 2011.

1. shanesflames

shanesflames

[​IMG]Here's one i did just for this thread..Hamb bros n sissta's.

Attached Files:

2. tommythecat79

tommythecat79

Here is one that I did on my welder.

Attached Files:

3. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Here's one.
    Geoff aka whodaky
    [​IMG]

fauj likes this.
  4. here's a scan out of Alan Johnson's book "how to pinstripe", done by Jack Lindenberger

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  5. ^^^^ Thats a good one!

6. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Got a couple great tiny hidden objects at the lowrider show this weekend. Ill get pics uploaded soon

7. 4everblue

4everblue

I used to stripe a lot of car events in the early eighties and ran across "Carob" a number of times. The striping with a quill really got my attention. The red Merc decklid sort of looks like his style but maybe not. I remember he liked to "jump the gap" on doors, starting the design on the door below the handle and carrying it over to the quarter panel. This was where you saw the legs, boobs and what not worked into the design. It's been a lot of years but I believe "Rotten Ron" out of St. Louis also did these type designs.
    Now, if anybody has some shots of the birds Nicky Rorro out of New Jersey did, I'd love to see them.

8. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

Man I love your work. My Krispy Kreme box is one of my favorite art pieces.

Doc.

Moondog13 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  9. jick

jick
    from london

So I have an old gasser that has some cool old pin striping and also a couple of tiny images of figures getting it on...... which particularly appealed to my juvenile sense of humour....... I’m wondering if anyone might have any ideas on who might have done it...... the car was originally from Phoenix, but has ‘lived’ all over the USA with various owners, it even raced in Alaska for a few years.....enough words, here are some photos.....

Attached Files:

10. Alan Johnson pinstriping a face on the back of my nephew's pickup truck. [​IMG][​IMG] It'a 38 International.

brigrat likes this.
  11. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

After looking through the pictures here I have to say that I understand that a lot of people like
    Pinstriping and I know that some consider it an art form.

I’m not one of them. To me it’s always looked out of place, many times overdone like a doodlers drug induced dream and when you add naked people or profanity into it that’s even worse.
    How I feel for what it’s worth :D:D

Last edited: Feb 11, 2021
    Bandit Billy likes this.
  12. jick

jick
    from london

well, I certainly agree that there’s a lot of really overdone/busy/too large kinda designs, I definitely think less is more, but that’s the beauty of any art form, it’s so subjective....... we all like different things.

bowlingball likes this.
  13. Beanscoot

Beanscoot

Some of the cars looked heavily tattooed, for good or ill.
    Well at least it's not on someone's forehead...

kidcampbell71, fauj and Blue One like this.
  14. MisterFixIt1952

MisterFixIt1952

I just signed up for an account so I could post a couple of pictures showing the topic of this discussion. I was surprised that there were, apparently, no pictures of the pinstripe stick figures, affectionately known as F**K People. Here are two closeups of the figures from my 1992 Tracker, that I just sold to a gentleman in Montana. I hope he knows about them and appreciates their uniqueness. I don't know the origin of the artist but I live in Portland Or.

Attached Files:

15. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

Mitch Kim was out of the Portland area.

16. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Echo Echo Echo:D