Register now to get rid of these ads!

hidden old tin farm in CA/OR

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flatlandman, Nov 10, 2003.

1. Saw these on the stude club site. If you want to see more, go to:
    http://www.antiquestudebakerclub.com/the_junk_yard.htm
    They won't tell where it is. Somewhere in southern Oregon as far as I could learn. Kinda cool to see that stashes of old tin are still out there. Love them places time forgot. Sorry if you have seen them before.

Attached Files:

2. Humboldt Cat

Humboldt Cat
    from Eureka, CA

How I wish I could figure out a convincing letter to them for more location info. Just to take the day off and head north...

3. Do they think somebodies going to steal everything that's there and fix it up or sell it and make some money. Or are they happy just to see it sit there and rust. Stupid way to think either way. If it's not up to them, then the owner's the one that needs his arse removed.

4. Jester

Jester
    from Blevins AR

The problem with some people is that they understand the people who restore and customize antiques automobiles find worth is something others think is junk. So instead of selling (what they don't truely want themselves) to someone who will bring it back to life, they want to bend someone over the hood and give it to them hard. If they can't make a fortune then they'd rather sit and listen to it rot. We have the same problem around here. Won't sell it because someone will make it worth more than it was worth when they owned it, don't want to work on it that would be too much work and money tied up, if they do work on it they fuck it up and then raise the price "Got too much invested to let it go that cheap". People are too afraid to get screwed so they pass the screw'n on to others first. [​IMG]

5. sad part is, we'll have to wait until someone dies and them someone else will auction all this stuff off, but by then it won't be worth fixin'. i say either fix or sell it before it's junk.

6. If that stuff belongs to who I think it does, he trades/sells parts and projects only to his personal friends. He still actively builds hot rods in his retirement but isn't interested in getting rich.......just wants to keep his parts stash for his own builds and his friend's.
    Loves nailhead buicks and speed equiptment for them. Puts nailheads in almost everything he builds. He bought all this stuff over a long time just so he'd have it in his retirement years.

7. 48_HEMI

48_HEMI

Rocky, I know that place well, and he's not building much at all since his death. the family sold off about fifty cars at his home and the old shed was left to the Studebaker Club and its members only. you want to get in the gate join the club, but you better own a stude(as you do Rocky)
    I'm just like the rest of you and would love to scrounge around in there, but its not going to happen! [​IMG] I'm sure that they will sell bits and pieces for years to build club funds.
    PLEASE DON"T ASK FOR THE LOCATION! the picture posted shows more than you can see from the road I'll post some pictures sometime this week when I get out there [​IMG]